Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento for Auction based website?

jameel.j2ee

Total Posts:  4

Hello Everybody,

Lately I have been exploring Magento and pretty much impressed with the product so far. I am planning to built a eCommerce based website which should have following features :

(a) It should have reverse auction feature (something similar to http://www.auctionair.co.uk/Low-Bid-Auction/How-Does-It-Work.aspx

(b) I want to give my customers (sellers) the ability to create their own stores (rather than any Magento admin doing it for them) and then add products to their stores (the way eBay supports) and let the end-users (buyers of those products) to buy it.

To what extent does the Magento as a product support these features out-of-the-box? To put my question in a different way, can I go ahead with Magento to build my eCommerce based website keeping the aforementioned features into mind?

If these features are not directly supported by Magento, can I customize Magento (may be by creating custom modules) to have these features?

Any feedback/suggestions/comments are highly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time.

Regards
Jameel

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jameel.j2ee

Total Posts:  4

Is there anyone who can reply to my post pls?

Thanks
Jameel

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

The answer to both of your questions are: not out of the box.

If you search this specific forum you will find that this question has been asked and answered many times already.

There is no auction functionality built into Magento and you cannot have customers creating their own stores. Magento is open source and you can customize it within the legal limitations of the OSL 3 licence.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FmeAddons

Total Posts:  123
USA

Have look at this extension, you can use this to create a complete auction management system in Magento and let users to buy products by through bidding.

View online demo - Auctions Module by Fme

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community