Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento is caching files even if Caching is disabled in the config

luric

Total Posts:  15

Hi,

I just migrated a Magento installation (v. 1.1.2) to one of MediaTemple’s (dv) servers. Everything seemed to work out well until I realized that something is wrong with the systems caching.

After moving to the new host (MT) I deleted the cache & sessions in /var/ and disabled the caching in the backend. Strangely Magento is still caching files. Beside of that front- and backend seem to work as expected and like before the migration process.

I’m expecting something database related, but don’t know how to trace down the problem.

Any help is much appreciated.
Christian

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

Hi Christian
it is normal that magento creates a cache folder under var, when you move the site you can delete it… magento will create a new folder

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community