Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Billing Form - “drill down” error - pages goes to 404 error (redirect) page. 

Darren E

Total Posts:  54
The Woodlands, Texas

I recently did a clean install to Magento - now when I try to make a test purchase and enter the customer information, by selecting “ Ship to this address “ and hitting continue - the page ends up going to the 404 error page (in other words, redirecting to the checkout/onepage/undefined…

Does anyone else have this issue?

You can see this fault in action on my page being built - boardbookalbums.com
Cna someone help??

Thanks,

Darren

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren E

The Woodlands, Texas

a

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren E

The Woodlands, Texas

I can get through the one page checkout by clicking the STOP button after each selection choice to get to the final payment step(s) which is most definitely an unconventional method of doing things and I have also tried just for kicks, changing my THEME settings back to default.

I still get the same problem with the checkout menus redirecting to the 404 error page (undefined) -
I also performed an install on another server with 1.1.3 - it does the same thing in the checkout pages.

I’m using the following:

1. Firefox
2. Version 1.1.3
3. CentOS Server

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren E

The Woodlands, Texas

If there isn’t an answer for this, is there someone who can at least explain WHAT files the check out procedure uses so I can at least see if I can fix this myself??

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren E

The Woodlands, Texas

FIXED FIXED FIXED

The problem lies in having the JavaScript folder “ /js “ in your myTheme directory -
If you copied the “../skin/frontend/default/myTheme/js” folder (javascript) it will result in the 404 error redirects.

In my case, I simply removed the /js folder from “myTheme” and it suddenly works again. Just make sure you have the /js folder located in your

../skin/frontend/default/default/

section.

If you have this same problem and this fixes it, please let me know - at least maybe I can help someone out who is experiencing the same issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

augirl

Total Posts:  13

Thanks, Darren for posting your solution.

Removing the js directory worked a treat :o)

Magento Community
Magento Community

pauld

Total Posts:  38
Port Melbourne, Australia

Hi All,

just to add my 2 cents worth, I had a non-active theme that I had installed but never used, once I had renamed it’s js directory, everything worked!

THANKS for your solution,

Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community

bradfordw

Total Posts:  14

I’m experiencing this same problem, however removing the js directory does not appear to work...removing it just presents me with a list of javascript errors (since the script is no longer referenced).

So, basically I set the path to the opcheckout.js file by hand in app/design/frontend/<theme>/default/template/checkoutonepage.phtml file to use the opcheckout.js from the default path and it appears to be working.

I’ll post back with anything else I’ve found.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community