Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I move the catalog from machine to machine??? 

stevedaly

Total Posts:  4
Cincinnati, OH

I have edited our catalog on my local machine.  I would like to provide a copy of the catalog to the other developers as well as move it to our development server.  I tried dumping/restoring the entire Magento schema, but it didn’t work.  I get the following error when I try to access the admin screens.

Notice: Undefined index:  0 in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wearport_site/src/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Config.php on line 86

#0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wearport_site/src/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Config.php(86): mageCoreErrorHandler(8, ‘Undefined index...’, ‘/Applications/M...’, 86, Array)
#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wearport_site/src/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(214): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Config->loadToXml(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config))
#2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wearport_site/src/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(230): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wearport_site/src/magento/app/Mage.php(397): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wearport_site/src/magento/app/Mage.php(416): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#5 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wearport_site/src/magento/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#6 {main}

How can export the _entire_ catalog (e.g. product, attribute sets, etc) to another machine??  I can’t to a import/export because the export will fail if the attributes/sets aren’t defined in the destination Mage implementation.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

You can try dumping your database.
After that, clean the dump file and let only the categories and products tables.
Once you get the clean file, you make a restore of that tables. The restore only need to make the inserts of the records. You don’t need the create statmenets if you move yoir catalog to another installation.
Antoher detail: yo need to copy the images files of media in your old instalation to the new one.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community