Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Catogory’s above Shopping cart (leftmenu) + translate problem

Reino

Total Posts:  78
Utrecht, The Netherlands

Dear Magento users en developers!

I’m enjoying Magento a lot! It’s great and i’m getting along with it really well! Respect for the developers!!

I allready posted this one in the “‘How do I’ Questions”, but maybe this is the right place to ask.

I have 2 little problems that i can’t solve myself.
I’ve added an screenshot to show you what the problems are.

First (red lines):
- My Magento version is Dutch, but there are 2 hyperlinks that i can’t translate.
They are in the “my account” (dashboard) section. EDIT and VIEW ALL.
I can’t find these 2 in the .csv files and i can’t translate them with “translate inline” function.
Does anyone know the files where these hyperlinks are defined.

Second (green line):
I’ve added a category list in the left column.
Here is a peace of xml in the catalog.xml file (dir layout):

<reference name="left">
            <
block type="catalog/navigation" before="minicart" name="catalog.vertnav" template="catalog/navigation/vert_nav.phtml" />
            <!--<
block type="core/template" name="left.permanent.callout" after="-" template="callouts/left_col.phtml">
                <
action method="setImgSrc"><src>images/media/col_left_callout.jpg</src></action>
                <
action method="setImgAlt" translate="alt" module="catalog"><alt>Did you knowOur customer service is available 24/7</alt></action>
            </
block>-->            
            <
block type="core/template" after="catalog.vertnav" name="catalog.compare.sidebar" template="catalog/product/compare/sidebar.phtml" />            
        </
reference>
I’m trying to get the category list above the block shopping card! I’ve tried different ways but i can’t figure it out.. is there anyone who could help me with this one?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,
Reino

Image Attachments
edit-view2.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Reino

Total Posts:  78
Utrecht, The Netherlands

Still no one with an awnser… :(
can anybody help me out?

Magento Community
Magento Community

PimSchaaf

Total Posts:  13
Rotterdam

Check out this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/720/P90/#t55607 and read winterradio’s post. I think it’s the solution to your ‘green-lined’ problem.

I found it looking for a way to make a category listing like you have in my left column on Magento’s Home Page..seems like you have that fixed…

Can you tell me how you did that.
<-- Already found the solution to that problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

LeeSaferite
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Lake City, FL

The ‘EDIT’ link should be translatable using ‘Edit’

It looks like they did some CSS magic to get it uppercased maybe, but the files that you are looking for are:
/magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/customer/account/dashboard/info.phtml
/magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/sales/reorder/sidebar.phtml

However, the text is being translated

just use these strings:
Edit

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community