Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem when adding products. 

Joley

Total Posts:  24
Sweden, Västerås

Hello guys,

Im having a very annoying problem when trying to add products, just wanted to make clear if it’s just me or if there is any other out there who got the same problem as i do. I did also search for the problem in this forum but i couldnt find something similar.

Anyways, to my problem. After adding a product to my Magento Shop in the right category, everything is okey. When i turn to the front-end to see how my new product is, i just get this error messeage:

exception 'Exception' with message 'Undefined rate from "SEK-USD"' in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Directory\Model\Currency.php:92
Stack trace
:
#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Store.php(365): Mage_Directory_Model_Currency->convert(90, Object(Mage_Directory_Model_Currency))
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\Model\Layer\Filter\Price.php(149): Mage_Core_Model_Store->convertPrice(90, true)
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\Model\Layer\Filter\Price.php(139): Mage_Catalog_Model_Layer_Filter_Price->_renderItemLabel(10, 10)
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\Model\Layer\Filter\Abstract.php(77): Mage_Catalog_Model_Layer_Filter_Price->_initItems()
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\Model\Layer\Filter\Abstract.php(71): Mage_Catalog_Model_Layer_Filter_Abstract->getItems()
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\Block\Layer\Filter\Abstract.php(93): Mage_Catalog_Model_Layer_Filter_Abstract->getItemsCount()
#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\Block\Layer\View.php(106): Mage_Catalog_Block_Layer_Filter_Abstract->getItemsCount()
#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\Block\Layer\View.php(115): Mage_Catalog_Block_Layer_View->canShowOptions()
#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\design\frontend\default\default\template\catalog\layer\view.phtml(28): Mage_Catalog_Block_Layer_View->canShowBlock()
#9 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(116): include('C:\xampp\htdocs...')
#10 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(143): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend\defaul...')
#11 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(188): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#12 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Text\List.php(38): Mage_Core_Block_Template->toHtml()
#13 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(439): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->toHtml()
#14 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Abstract.php(417): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('left', true)
#15 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\design\frontend\default\default\template\page\3columns.phtml(63): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('left')
#16 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(116): include('C:\xampp\htdocs...')
#17 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(143): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend\defaul...')
#18 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Block\Template.php(188): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#19 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Layout.php(402): Mage_Core_Block_Template->toHtml()
#20 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Action.php(302): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#21 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\controllers\CategoryController.php(58): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#22 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Action.php(325): Mage_Catalog_CategoryController->viewAction()
#23 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Router\Standard.php(149): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('view')
#24 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Controller\Varien\Front.php(166): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http))
#25 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\app\Mage.php(380): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#26 C:\xampp\htdocs\www\shop\index.php(28): Mage::run('base')
#27 {main}

Probaly there is some sort of bugg with the value function, but i didn’t want to edit something in the source because i want the crew to know it first. Even though i dont know if this is an known issue i hope you really look at it and explain the problem.

I am using the latest version of Magento, and the host uses xampp on windows platform.

I hope that it was enough information from me. If there is something else you guys need to know, let me know.

Edit: Sorry buddies, i have some badly headings today and my patient is at a very low stage. But right after i posted this post i found the problem. For any other Magento User in this site, if you get the same problem as i did in this topic, please go to System >> Configuration >> Currency Setup and add your value for your store, that will solve the problem.

The problem is that when you choose a country/location for your store, it automaticly chooses that countries value and language, but, what it doesnt do is to add that value to your store, as default it’s just the “euro” and “usd-dollar”. I hope you all get what i ment!

Joley B.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community