Magento Forum

Secure non-secure items under IE7

mikej165

Total Posts:  89

I’ve setup a store at http://www.blue-eyes.com/magento

I’m using a lightly customized version of the modern template. Everything is working great, with one minor problem at this point.

When I attempt to checkout using IE7 (I haven’t tried IE6), as soon as the session flips from HTTP to HTTPS and I land on the checkout/onepage, I get a warning from IE7 that I have both secure and non-secure items on the page. I haven’t experienced this under Firefox or Safari, only IE seems to generate it.

Anyway, the two images being complained about are links to standard images in the template; the newsletter subscription button at the bottom left of the page and the standard graphic at the bottom-right. While I created new versions of the images, I didn’t modify the modern template code in any way, so I’m thinking this is a bug in the template code.

Anyway, i suspect others may have experienced this. I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction so I can get it fixed.

My fear is that people who use IE7 might be spooked and not place an order, which is obviously the opposite of what I’d like.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mikej165

A little more information as I continue to dig into this.

1) The page generated has both HTTPS and HTTP images on it; this is what’s giving IE7 fits.

2) The template appears to be correct: it’s calling getSkinUrl to generate the images in question, just the same as other, correct images.

3) Disabling caching makes the problem go away immediately, but then the site is slow as molasses

4) I have refreshed/cleared all caches. Even after doing so, the problem remains.

Since disabling the cache appears to fix the problem, one would think that clearing the cache and re-enabling the cache would make it go away for good. Not so. I’ve cleared all cache entries via the admin control panel and also manually removed everything in var/cache and var/session.

Still no luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikej165

I was able to fix this problem by apply a patch to the modern theme described in the following thread:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/7894/

It seems strange it should have to be applied at all.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community