Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding products - product NOT saving (???)

Darren E

Total Posts:  54
The Woodlands, Texas

I have a clean install of 1.1.2 and I’m trying to add products after creating a catalog.

My problem is after populating all the sections, nothing seems to be saving - not the “SAVE AND CONTINUE EDIT” or the “SAVE” buttons. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Anyone know a fix for it??

Thanks,

Darren

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

Check permissions and that your choosing the right store view

Magento Community
Magento Community

theazmi

Total Posts:  9

Welcome to the “product addition hangs” club. There is already a thread going on for this issue. I am not sure though if a bug has been logged. You can check this thread

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/11120/P0/

Since i do not see any bug number mentioned in the thread, what i am going to do is log a bug with Varien for this and update you all with the bug number.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren E

Total Posts:  54
The Woodlands, Texas

I managed to fix this issue - KEEP IN MIND: the reason my fix worked is because I overlooked using my own theme

I was not using a theme, instead, I was just modifying the “default” folders (../default/default/ )
This was fixed by copying the /app/design/ folder and re-uploading the whole folder with the latest ORIGINAL files over again to:

/app/design/adminhtml/

/app/design/frontend/

/app/design/install/

Because I originally just modified the files located in ../default/default/ I now realize that this isn’t a smart way to do things (it works but then when you upgrade, problems like this happens).

Even the Magento instructions clearly state that it is best to just copy the ORIGINAL folders default/default/ folders (located in ../app and ../skin) and rename them to create a theme before making modifications.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stoverjosh

Total Posts:  4

I’m having a similar issue adding products in that I get the following error when I try to add one.

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 304 bytes in /magento/app/code/core/Mage/Rule/Model/Rule.php on line 201

Any help? 

Thanks,

Josh

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community