Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Does magento support quoting / non sales? 

sixtyonedesign

Total Posts:  17

Not sure how to word this properly, but I’ve added products and categories as with a normal cart, but I want customers to only enquire about the products, then we provide a quote… so use it as more a guideline of what is for sale rather than offer pricing and online ordering. Customers would ideally choose a product and enquire about it?

To make it more complicated, i do wish to sell *some* products… just the majority will be more a preview of what the can buy rather than online sales.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Setting it up this way is possible but will require some modifications.

Magento Community
Magento Community

maxwell

Total Posts:  10

sixtyonedesign - 14 August 2008 08:39 PM

To make it more complicated, i do wish to sell *some* products… just the majority will be more a preview of what the can buy rather than online sales.

What about if we don’t need to make it more complicated as mentioned above? If we only want to sell products via online quotes? Can this be done without modifications?

Magento Community
Magento Community

maxwell

Total Posts:  10

adimagento - 15 August 2008 09:56 AM

Setting it up this way is possible but will require some modifications.

This doens’t sound too complicated...what kind of modifications are you talking about? Has this been done before?

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

I have not seen it done before, however it is more than possible to achieve.  It would require modifications to the script, such as xml, phtml, and maybe some css depending.

If you need help with this, we would be happy to assist you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community