Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Some (but not all) of my images are not being found after upgrade to 1.1.3 from 1.0.19870.4

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Does anyone have an idea as to why this would happen?  Some are in different store views but some are in the default store view, so I have no idea what is causing this.  Basically what is happening is it is still looking for the cached images even though I told it to clear the image cache.  Does anyone know how to reset this thing’s brain to make it find them where it’s supposed to?  Even if I upload a new image for the product and remove the existing one it does the same thing.

This is the site where some but not all work: http://www.minervapromotions.com/ihsa
This is one of the sites where none work: http://www.minervapromotions.com/isu

They are running off the same admin panel and database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pixelpusher

Total Posts:  135
SoCal

if thats all thats broke after upgrading from 1.0.x to 1.1.x , feel happy. very happy.

I’d disable the “All cache”, and reset the image cache (as you’ve done) and try renaming var/cache (it should make a new “cache” automatically)

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Oh trust me, it wasn’t the first attempt. smile Although as a whole it did go fairly smooth.

Thanks for the tip but it’s still looking in the media/catalog/product/cache/ folder even though I deleted that, too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pixelpusher

Total Posts:  135
SoCal

have you done any custom coding to the core files?
If not, make a backup (site and DB) first then manually replace the files you haven’t altered (ie everything but theme files / skin) with the files from a fresh download of 1.1.3

also it doesn’t sound permissions related but they are often botched after upgrades…

that (with other fixes) allowed me to upgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.0.x

Never did have an image cache problem though… sorry I can’t be more help

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Only to template files - not even layout files, it’s running off the modern theme for the most part.  What I did was duplicate the database and then install it with a fresh install of 1.0.19870.4 so that the database would be the right format, then upgraded that fresh install to 1.1.3, so I know that all the layout files and all the code files are the actual fresh 1.1.3 files.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Nevermind, I figured out what happened.  I had previously typed in individual base urls for each store view so all I needed to do was go in and change those since the upgrade is in a slightly different location.  Thus why my default store view was working and the others were not. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

@ Sherrie , I am having a similar problem
I loaded products with images through Import. Later I noticed these pictures need their color adjusted because they look to dull. I loaded up a different picture, and removed the others manually. The new picture shows up on the product page as the thumbnail. The old picture still stays as the small image on category pages, and the main blown up image on product pages. I use web developer to find the path of the image, when I delete it, it will recreate itself, always with the old(wrong) image. I am not sure where it is grabbing it from, I deleted it from the import folder that I used for the initial mass upload.
I am not sure how you went about fixing this from the above post, could you explain further?
Thanks, and nice looking site

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Well the problem with mine was simply in System > Configuration > General > Web > Unsecure & Secure

I had manually typed in the base urls instead of leaving {{secure_base_url}} as per a fix suggested by Varien at one point I believe.  Because of this my other store views weren’t changed when I changed the URL, so I just went into each store view and changed them to the new one.  I’m going to guess this is not what is going on with yours - have you tried clearing the image cache as well as the normal cache?

Thanks for the compliment. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

I just put {{secure_base_url}} in the secure and unsecure base url spots, and now everything is going blank, I dont think that was it....... and now I cant access anything.... How can I change it back?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Is it in a file I can ftp somewhere?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Just change it back to {{unsecure_base_url}} and you should be fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

The problem is I don’t know how to go about changing it back since I cant access my backend, it just shows a blank screen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

ah, changed it in the database........ fixed that issue..... but nope that didn’t work, still images not showing up

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community