Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

sharing session with Joomla

jhutton

Total Posts:  19

Has anyone succeeded in sharing session state with joomla? I would like to be able to do something like:

include(’magento/app/Mage.php’); 
Mage::app(’base’); 
$customer Mage::getModel(’customer/customer’); 
$customer->loadByEmail(email); 
$session Mage::getSingleton(’customer/session’); 
$session->start();
$session->setCustomer($customer);

However, joomla defines __autoload() in it’s own way which conflicts with Magento’s __autoload(). Not being an experience php programmer, I don’t know if there is an easy way to solve this.

I searched all over for a way to undefine a function in php, and it doesn’t look like it’s possible (please tell me I’m wrong!).

I tried running a trace on which files were autoloaded in magento to get a list to load manually, but that didn’t pan out, either.

So, I’ve been looking at the session code in Magento to see if I can cherry pick the bits to initailize it correctly without initializing the Magento app, but I’m not inspired with confidence.

Has anyone tried doing this using a Soap client, perhaps?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community