Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shopping cart price rules

pawshpup

Total Posts:  22

I am have trouble getting the discount to apply to only the highest priced item in the shopping cart.  Any suggestions?  For now its applies the discount of 20% on all of the items.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ericleeclark

Total Posts:  40
Muncie, IN

pawshpup,

Unfortunately I’m not sure this is possible with the logic available. You can add price rules, but the mix of logic you’d need isn’t there.

The only thing I could think of to get this to work with the logic available is going to be pretty cumbersome. But I’ll just throw it out there. You could create a new product attribute called “Ascending Price” which would be a number (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.). Each product is assigned a number (and it has to be unique, so there can only be one ‘1’). So ‘1’ would signify the cheapest product you have available, ‘2’ is the next cheapest product, etc.

Then you could create a pricing rule based on the ‘Ascending Price’ attribute… but you can see how this could be a maintenance nightmare.

Although, if you use Import/Export, it actually probably wouldn’t be that difficult since you can sort and apply those numbers pretty quickly in Excel.

Confused? Hope this helps!

(if anyone knows of a better way, please reply!)

Magento Community
Magento Community

pawshpup

Total Posts:  22

Thanks for the answer.  Hope we can do that in the future.

Zach

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community