Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Backend: Have to re-login after every single click after creating new role and user

PBaumann

Total Posts:  19

Hi there,

I have some strange problem and I can´t find the reason. I have to re-login to the backend after every action I take, when navigating to different parts of the backend, when removing a system message, whenever. Everytime I see the login screen, enter my login data and get to the screen I selected before. I´m sure someone out there may have a simple solution to this, but I can´t find it.

I have installed magento on my local pc (windows xp, xampp, firefox). Before the problem appeared, I created another user role and a new user. Then I logged in as the new user to check if it works. After loggin in as admin again, the problem described above appeared, but only with my admin account, not with the new user account.  When I remove the new created user and role, the problem with my admin account disappears.

I hope, I explained the problem clearly enough. Any hints appreciated!

See you
Patrick

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kent Wang

Total Posts:  14

I’m having the exact same problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dyne

Total Posts:  5
Montréal, Canada

Me too, please, anyone can’t help us?
It’s an emergency!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

dyne

Total Posts:  5
Montréal, Canada

Specially, it’s when I allow or deny permissions. If I give the same permissions as the admin, it works. But if I don’t accept him to access in a part of the administration, it bugs!
Please, I need your help. I don’t know where the bug comes from....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andy LD

Total Posts:  21

Try the solution here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/8788/P15/ , by setting the cookie lifetime to a higher value.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community