Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Becoz.dk

computersolutions

Total Posts:  9
Shanghai, China

Our first Magento powered e-commerce site (we’ve done a bunch over the last few years using Zencart / OSC, but I still wake up screaming remembering all the hacks we had to do to make them work!)

Magento definitely has some rough edges to fix, and a few bugs, but it is mostly better to work with.

Onto the site.

http://www.becoz.dk is a site we made for a Danish Glasses company (we’re based in China).

Basic Magento, without any modifications, just using ePay for the merchant side.

We started developing on 1.0 magento, then halfway through 1.1 came out, and we had to redo all the template side of things, but I guess its worth it for the new features.
Currently on 1.1.3 in the hope that it fixes some of the bugs for shipping, sigh.

Other than that, happy with Magento.

Only issue for us in China is that this site is incredibly slow at times, usually when I need to lookup info on the boards or wiki, so thats frustrating.

Hopefully we can donate back some of the Danish translations to the Danish language files once we’re done!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jackstraw

Total Posts:  62
Carbondale,Colorado

Hi, that looks nice!  Clean is the way to go. 

Your buttons(dropdown menus) appear behind your main home page image in Firefox 3.

Nice work though,
Nigel

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Agree it looks great. But browsing from the UK, it’s very slow. Took 11 seconds to load a product page. Could optimize the server a bit perhaps,

Magento Community
Magento Community

USAMerchant

Total Posts:  50

Great design smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

computersolutions

Shanghai, China

Thx.

Currently its hosted in the States, but we will be moving it to Denmark when the client sorts out hosting, so speeds will be faster for the end clients.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomislavbilic

Total Posts:  69
Osijek, Croatia

Try this quick speed booster solution before you do some other complicated tasks: http://inchoo.net/ecommerce/magento/boost-the-speed-of-your-magento/

Btw. title of your frontpage is “home”: http://www.becoz.dk/
You could want to change that as that page is indexed first and most important one smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

ibasket

Total Posts:  26
London

Nice site, what addon did you use for the product images?

Magento Community
Magento Community

computersolutions

Shanghai, China

No addon’s for the product images. 

Just some lightbox style effects (JS library).

We are using APC for PHP caching, but adding gzip compression ala - http://inchoo.net/ecommerce/magento/boost-the-speed-of-your-magento/
would make things faster.

I think thats already enabled in my php setup, but I’d have to double check, I just redid that server setup recently, so its possible I’ve borked that up hehe.

Waiting for Magento 1.5, and hopefully less bugs.  Still have issues with Magento and shipping with this site.

Getting to the point where I might redo it totally to see where the issue lies.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Very nicely done! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community