Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Image uploading in linux

lnxusr

Total Posts:  8

Image uploading dosn’t work using Firefox in linux.  Nothing happens when I click the Browse Files button.  When I press it in Firefox in Windows (running in a VirtualBox), it works just fine.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

johnnyAfonso

Total Posts:  13
Aveiro, Portugal

Are you using the 1.1.2 version? Because I’m experiencing a similar problem and I’m using windows… but the same problem happens with Firefox and IE.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lnxusr

Total Posts:  8

johnnyAfonso - 14 August 2008 01:00 AM

Are you using the 1.1.2 version? Because I’m experiencing a similar problem and I’m using windows… but the same problem happens with Firefox and IE.

No, I’m using 1.1.3.  I’ve just started with Magento, so didn’t get this far before upgrading from 1.1.2.  I don’t use IE, so I can’t say if it works for me or not.

Magento Community
Magento Community

avb0

Total Posts:  17

experiencing the same problems with firefox 3 under ubuntu. with internet explorer 6 (wine) it works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jbova

Total Posts:  42
New Ringgold, PA, USA

I’ve upgraded from Magento 1.1.0 to 1.1.3 and experience the same issue with Firefox 2 (AKA Iceweasel ) on Debian.

*UPDATE*
I made my post in haste after the upgrade. My problem was due to an unrelated crash of my Adobe Flash plugin for Linux, which is a known issue. Had I done my due diligence, I would have realized that a restart of Firefox was all I needed. If anyone else is having this problem, please visit another site with Flash content and be sure you can view it before associating the problem with Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community