Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to rearrange, move, edit, add footer links. (Screenshot)

eliteeternity

Total Posts:  74

Please see the attached screenshot for details.

I have Magento 1.1.3
Default Template

Image Attachments
footer_magento_forum.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Maybe you can test this into your database: SELECT * FROM cms_block;

wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

It’s a combination of two places

One <ul> element is coming from the static block editable in the admin > manage pages > static blocks (footer block) and the other is found here:

app\design\frontend\*\*\template\page\template\links.phtml (the stars in that path relate to your style/theme pages - default/default if you haven’t changed them)

Magento Community
Magento Community

eliteeternity

Total Posts:  74

Thanks Nikefido.
So I got the links.phtml as suggested and here is the code that I’m seeing:

<?php $_links $this->getLinks(); ?>
<?php 
if(count($_links)>0): ?>

<div>
        <
ul<?php if($this->getName()): ?>):?> id="<?php echo $this->getName() ?>"<?php endif;?>>

<?php foreach($_links as $_link): ?>

<li <?php if($_link->getIsFirst()): ?> class="first"<?php elseif($_link->getIsLast()): ?> class="last"<?php endif; ?><?php echo $_link->getLiParams() ?>><?php echo $_link->getBeforeText() ?><a href="<?php echo $_link->getUrl() ?>" title="<?php echo $_link->getTitle() ?>" <?php echo $_link->getAParams() ?>><?php echo $_link->getLabel() ?></a><?php echo $_link->getAfterText() ?></li>

<?php endforeach; ?>

</ul>
   </
div>
<?php endif; ?>

I have no idea how to use this code to make all of the links on one row, or combine all the links. Just a little past my skill level. I’ll research, but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nickweisser

Total Posts:  218
Zurich, Switzerland

I’m not 100% sure, but I think the top links are sort of hard coded somewhere - correct me if I’m wrong.

You would have to create a new static block like footer_links in the demo store and add it to the header section of the template. Then you would be able to change the sort order and add new links.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community