Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal error - pricing
 
dollardog
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  6
Joined:  2008-01-03
 

I uploaded 1.1.2 and now I get the following error when trying to enter a new product:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_Catalog_Helper_Product::getPriceHtml() in /home/travelin/domains/travelinpets.com/public_html/app/design/frontend/default/travelinpets_theme/template/catalog/product/list.phtml on line 100
I am a newby to this so can anyone suggest a solution, or is this a bug in 1.1.2?

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
dollardog
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  6
Joined:  2008-01-03
 

Never mind folks!
I figured out the problem myself. smile

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
rzazueta
Member
 
Total Posts:  34
Joined:  2008-07-21
 

Any chance you can post your olsution on here for others? I’m having the same problem and have no idea why it’s happening.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
dollardog
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  6
Joined:  2008-01-03
 

I’m new at this stuff, so it wasn’t a surgical correction that a “real programmer” such as most of the people using Magento would use.

I remembered that the Magento folks had made some correction between 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 in Mage files that affected pricing, but I couldn’t remember exactly what it was . So first, to check out the possibility of an change that might have affected my_theme/layout and template files between 1.1.1 and 1.1.2, I backed up my admin/my_theme/layout and template files and then deleted them from my_theme, so that Magento would pick these files up from the default. When I opened the web page the error was gone. So I reload the layout and template files from the default file into my_theme and the error was gone there too.

I don’t know if it was the “proper” way to fix the problem or I was just lucky, as I am not a programmer , but it worked : )

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
rzazueta
Member
 
Total Posts:  34
Joined:  2008-07-21
 

Ah, gotcha… It’s probable that’s my problem then - I designed my theme on an older version and then upgraded to 1.1.2 without changing the stuff in my themes. I’ll try that route.

Thanks for the heads up!

Rob Z.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
Abrougui
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  3
Joined:  2008-09-15
 

Hi rzazueta,

I have the same problem so i need to know if the solution described by dollardog worked for you…

Thanx for your help.

Raouf ABROUGUI

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Back to top