Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple Wishlists

digital daz

Total Posts:  8
UK

It would be a nice feature to allow users to name / create multiple wishlists. For example, they could create a ‘Wedding’ wishlist, a ‘New Baby’ wishlist etc. The reasoning for this is they could personalize the list before sending it out to their friends.

They could also provide different delivery addresses per list, make it private; for people who’ve they’ve notified, make it visible to everyone. I think Amazon does something like this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

I agree.  Newegg does just that, and it works well.  I often build computers for people, and I like to go on Newegg and price everything out on a wishlist, then name it according to who it’s for.  Then I can send them that list so they can see for themselves.  I usually have about 2-3 wishlists going on Newegg at any given moment.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

We were actually considering this feature in the early stages of the development of Magento. Unfortunately, it was removed from the road map for the first version. We might add it down the road or someone in the community will add this functionality.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

biscuitstudios

Total Posts:  3

was just wondering if there’s has been any more talk about the multiple wishlist function… we sure would love to see that functionality added to this incredible system (added back into the roadmap, maybe?).

most everyone i talk to who develops ecommerce pieces say that this is becoming more and more important to have for their customers… almost like customers are starting to expect the freedom of basically creating these “carts” and then saving them or sending them on as emails.

it’ll be neat to see if someone develops this and adds it in… i’m already blown away by all the amazing functions this system has to date… thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Favorite Products list, organized by folders works as multiple wishlists. Favorite products it is an easy way to plan next purchases or prepare lists of products for regular buys.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community