Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I (easily) change the blue color in the default template to something else? 

whitesa11

Total Posts:  7

I can’t figure it out even after watching a ton of video and reading the guide???  I also can’t figure out where I am supposed to upload the logo to in order to get it up.

Help would be appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

clorne

Total Posts:  236
London

You can change most colours in the stylesheets.  (css files)

I would suggest, as others have done in this forum, you use either the Firebug or Web Developer extensions in Firefox.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JDISTAD

Total Posts:  28
Minneapolis, MN

Don’t forget to back up your files. ALSO, you can also just create a new theme and update the css files only.  Creating a theme would be best-practise and the beauty of magento!

jd

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xiphias

Total Posts:  3

is there a “For idiots” version? telling what each individual part of the css handles? unfortunately, i’m used to PHPNUKE so i have very little knowledge of an extensive website such as this one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pilch

Total Posts:  23
Westcountry, UK

clorne - 13 August 2008 04:40 AM

You can change most colours in the stylesheets.  (css files)

I would suggest, as others have done in this forum, you use either the Firebug or Web Developer extensions in Firefox.

Firebug & Web Developer Mozilla addons.

Should be what you’re after

Regards,

Rich

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community