Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 6
ADD SOME SPEED! It’s SLOW! 

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

We love Magento. However we have noticed customers are giving up. We are seeing Abandoned carts! People will not wait for the slow shopping cart to get them through to completing their order!

Why is Magento so slow?
Can it be made faster?
How can we make it faster?

This post is a comment, and a question.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AldoLinares

Total Posts:  5

I was in heaven suddenly i realize that it was very very slow… :(

I guess perfection doesn’t exit

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Just drop us a line, we can help solve your speed problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community

45tom

Total Posts:  5

We are getting fantastic speeds on our enviornment and are extremely happy.

Look into your server config and see if everything is setup correctly.

T

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joachim

Total Posts:  133
Netherlands

I had to agree, most important is the server config. E.g. I have a Magento site with 3.000+ visitors at a P4 3ghz/1024 MB and speed isn’t a issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stoprocent

Total Posts:  16
London

Magento is slow :( adding to the cart is taking around 1-2 seconds. SimpleHELIX even your sample shop is runnig slow. Everything that is more than 1 sec is slow and your store when im adding something to the cart is slow. PHP scripts should be executed in less than 1 sec it should be around 0.1 sec so Magento guys ... you need to optimize it 10x more instead of adding new functions (just for now)

Magento Community
Magento Community

hyteckit

Total Posts:  166
Los Angeles, CA

stoprocent - 14 August 2008 08:35 AM

Magento is slow :( adding to the cart is taking around 1-2 seconds. SimpleHELIX even your sample shop is runnig slow. Everything that is more than 1 sec is slow and your store when im adding something to the cart is slow. PHP scripts should be executed in less than 1 sec it should be around 0.1 sec so Magento guys ... you need to optimize it 10x more instead of adding new functions (just for now)

How long does your browser take to render a webpage?

Magento Community
Magento Community

stoprocent

London

I dont know how about you browser but mine is starting redering after PHP is executed smile After you clicking on any link page should be executed really fast so end user can see some interaction and he can see that page is loading (images etc.). Its not me (developer) that see the problem with speed its the end user. If something is slow your client will change the website and I dont think its good. One more thing ive noticed on magentos homepage ... “Competitive, Low Cost of Ownership” are you saying having high end dedicated server to make magento work good is “Low Cost of Ownership” ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Huntsville, AL

stopprocent,

Can you find us a hosting company that can load a site faster than us? Doesn’t really matter if it’s a vps or a dedicated server.

Also, you might want to tell us your computer spec and internet connectivity, as Magento is a very javascript intensive app that takes time to download and initialize it. (This itself will add about 0.5 - 1 second to the loading time, or depending on how fast your browser downloads and renders it.)

Magento Community
Magento Community

stoprocent

London

Im on macbook pro and 20m connection from BE.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

What sort of things should I be looking for config wise? ... we’re all setup on NuBlue who are really helpful etc and everything is working...just we know we are losing customers because it is so slow in the add to cart / checkout phase.

We don’t even have that many visitors and its bloody slow. Any ideas on what we can change or look to change to make it faster?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Huntsville, AL

What speeds are you guys all getting?
What we are getting is 0.7 to 1.5 seconds on average (add to cart, product lists, etc… ) on our systems.

And your mentioning about making Magento load in less than 0.1 seconds, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a shopping cart program that would do that in 0.1.

Most shopping carts I know, all take about 0.5 - 1 second for page processing. Magento is on the .75 - 2 seconds so it’s still considered fairly fast considering the amount of features it has compared to other carts.

But a lot of it depends on your hosting, magento is not oscommerce where it just runs fine on any hosting companies out there. Magento does really take serious performance hosting if you are actually serious about running an online business.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

put it this way...I can count the time it takes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Just added a product to cart...fairly quick I spose. BUT when in the checkout, I logged in, filled in my delivery address and clicked “continue” and it took 10seconds to load next page. THAT is too slow.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Huntsville, AL

Okay I’m getting confused here.
Are you talking about our http://www.magentify.com or your own magento store?

Speed varies greatly from hosts to hosts so I advise you to read some reviews on the boards or google for a fast magento hosting company.

Because, ofcourse, anything over 10 seconds is way too slow. -_-

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

I meant our own store, an i totally agree its too slow.

Nublue seemed to be recommended and are a magento partner....is there anthing we can do our ed to make the site faster??

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 6