Magento Forum

SSH installation, just to let you know!! 

Phliplip

Total Posts:  46
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi,

I tried installing the new release on my FreeBSD box, and followed the wiki about SSH installation; http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/general/magento_installation_via_ssh?do=show

Downloaded and unpacked, startet setting file perms.. the chmod on media acted a bit strange, first said ‘media. not a directory’ also had to CTRL-C to get the shell back. Well i had copied the whole line which said ‘chmod -R o+w media. //’, which actually means add write perms to others on media library and /. I only noticed it because my phpMyAdmin acted up saying wrong permissions on config file! In to shell, only to realise that all files and folders had a yellow glow when i ls (my shell config to see what folders have write perms on others). Fortunately it havent’ been on all files, because of my CTRL-C which stopped it!

Bu i can now use the rest of my day to set back correct permissions on my server.. yippediduda!!!

I corrected the WIKI so that it won’t happen to others! Not that i probably would, as i was logged in as root, because my website acounts don’t have SSH!

My fault and my fault only!

Best regards,

Philip

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi Philip,

I enclosed the shell code in the <code></code> tags to prevent adding extra formatting when somebody tries to edit this wiki page. Sorry for any incovinience that this wiki page may cause you before.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Phliplip

Total Posts:  46
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi Michael,

Thanks! Fortunately i could revert with ‘chmod -R o-w’ on my folder were the different hosting accounts were placed! Now i only have to take the beating from the account owners who actually had o+w to begin with before this little mistake, resulting in their uploads not working :(

/Philip

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community