Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Three operating, independent stores on the same host…….can they be re-configured to run off the one database? 

simo

Total Posts:  32

Hi All,

Does anyone know if three seperate stores on the one host can be re-configured to run off a single database? I’ve looked at a few threads like http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/10282/ but they refer to situations where one store is up, and the others are manually configured during installation. Can they be re-configured after installation?

I tried installing a new Magento store but not setting up a database via Simple Scripts on Hostmonster but this breaks the store.

Would it be a matter of editing local.xml on two of the existing stores to point to the one I want to use as a central database? Not having any coding skill I don’t what to edit it to.

Tried setting up multiple sites through one but can’t get it going despite all the threads on it.

Thanx simo

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community