Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Only 3 types of images allowed? (and image compression)

tilzinger

Total Posts:  126

My client sells clothing… how do I allow for a ‘front’ and ‘back’ large photo? Or do I have to use base for front, small for back, and then the thumbnail? It would be nice if I could define unlimited numbers of photo types in addition to the defaults, and then call them in my templates.

e.g.

<?php echo $this->helper('catalog/image')->init($_product'front_image')->resize(400390); ?>

<?php echo $this->helper('catalog/image')->init($_product'back_image')->resize(400390); ?>

Also, I had to edit the GD2 library to adjust the image compression. My client uses Photoshop and compresses before uploading, so recompressing with GD makes the images look crappy and is useless. Why isn’t there a system config value for default image compression? Or add a 3rd param to the resize method above for the compression quality.

e.g.

<?php echo $this->helper('catalog/image')->init($_product'small_image')->resize(400390100]); ?>

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community