Magento Forum

image paths not being saved in csv import

starchild

Total Posts:  37

Hi again,,

Upon importing a product spreadsheet, the image paths i entered were not saved in the import.  I manually loaded product images to a directory, and used that directory in the image field.

Why did this not work please?

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks.

T.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

I had the same problem and documentation is definitely lacking in this area. I read a post in this forum, though, and got mine to work finally.

Upload your images into the media/import folder. Then in your spreadsheet, make sure the name of the image is just the name with one leading slash.
The importer will put the images somewhere else (crazy directory structure using the first and second character of the name), so you have no control of the path for Google.
Be aware that if you import the same product again, if the file exists, it will append a number so it doesn’t overwrite! You end up with a lot files that way…

Magento Community
Magento Community

starchild

Total Posts:  37

Ok, that’s great.  Now you say it, it sounds right - the whole “import” folder and everything - just would have been good to have documentation on this for such an important facet of the import feature.

nice work.  Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community