Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Lost in Newsletters… also you? 

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

Hi All

I need to understand what goes wrong about newsletter subscription.

I’m on a fresh install of 1.1.2
Most of things work well wink

BUT

If I set under configuration (individually for each store) YES under need to confirm
and I subscribe from home page
message is ok, request mail confirm sent!
and related email arrive with link to confirm

If I put another email.... no confirm is request… I receive THANKS FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION
and related email says SUBSCRIPTION SUCCESS

no confirm appears
(1st time YES, 2nd time NO)

If I delete (fisically) cache folder at the 1st email the request of confirmation is sent… the 2nd time NO

and this situation is true for every store

Does anybody know why?
Have you any feedback about?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Aviano ~ Italy

Ok I figured out what is the problem…

from backend ... you are not able (or I missing something) to delete subscribers, only unsubscribe them from general newsletter…
but the row (with email address) still exists in database

than if you unsubscribe an address… and then go to frontend and re-apply the same address in newsletter box… you will receive only a confirmation, not request of confirm

If you delete address from database… and re-apply on frontend… all work fine (request of subscription will be sent etc)

at this point my answer is… why there aren’t a delete options in drop-down menu near “unsubscribe”?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@chiaraweb: Deleting unsubscribed record opens up a possibility of automatic undesired re-subscription, because there is no indication that recepient chose to unsubscribe.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Aviano ~ Italy

Hi Moshe

please let me know if you will find any logic in this situation:

I have 2 subscribers under “newsletter subscribers”

customer1
customer2

customer1 receive newsletter… then click link to unsubscribe.... global message show “your subscription is removed” and email of confirm is received

any minutes after customers1 decide that unsubscription was a mistake… then come back in home page and apply in newsletter box the same email address

global message says “thank You for your subscription” ...

BUT

- email subscription is not sent
- from backend customer1 still result UNsubscribe

this mean that if a customer for every reason wants unsubscribe today… and a few days/weeks after wants to subscribe… this is not possible?

also he can think that subscription is OK (global message confirm) but this is not true

Thanks for your help

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community