Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installing a second language

3firelegs

Total Posts:  30

Is there a Chinese language pack available for Magento?  I have been testing PrestaShop recently and all I need to do is to import a language pack, and the added language shows up in the web store.  How do I do this with Magento?

I have installed Mangento as well on the same server, with multiple websites driven by the same instance.... really cool, but this language things is a must for me as well.

Thanks......

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Gwen

Total Posts:  5

Hi 3firelegs,

In the community translations page, there is 3 chinese language packs : Chinese (Hong Kong SAR), Chinese Simplified (China) and Chinese Traditional (Taiwan)

Direct link : http://www.magentocommerce.com/langs

To install a language pack you have just to copy the chineses folders in the language folders of your Magento directory, and setup in the admin panel to be the default language.

If those versions of Chinese are not good, you can translate yourself all the sentences by editing the default csv files (right column) located in the “en_US” folders.

I hope this will help you…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community