Magento Forum

Need help importing product data feed

jbarkat

Total Posts:  15

Hi all,

I’d greatly appreciate any help offered. I’m trying to import about 600 products into Magento, but, I’ve been having numerous problems makign this happen. Below is the error message I’m getting. Anyone know what I should do? Thanks!

<pre>Notice: unserialize() [<a href=’function.unserialize’>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 688 of 791 bytes in /home/julian/brugeshome/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Batch/Abstract.php on line 53 #0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(8, ‘unserialize() [...’, ‘/home/julian/br...’, 53, Array) #1 /home/julian/brugeshome/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Batch/Abstract.php(53): unserialize(’a:45:{s:5:"stor...’) #2 /home/julian/brugeshome/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/Convert/ProfileController.php(233): Mage_Dataflow_Model_Batch_Abstract->getBatchData() #3 /home/julian/brugeshome/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(342): Mage_Adminhtml_System_Convert_ProfileController->batchRunAction() #4 /home/julian/brugeshome/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(148): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’batchRun’) #5 /home/julian/brugeshome/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(146): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http)) #6 /home/julian/brugeshome/magento/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() #7 /home/julian/brugeshome/magento/index.php(46): Mage::run() #8 {main}</pre>

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

XPC Design

Total Posts:  40

I’m also getting this numerous times while trying to import.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RobOrr

Total Posts:  218

For some reason this board doesn’t seem to want to respond to these threads - I’ve had one on here for a while now that hasn’t received any responses.  I’ll keep watch to see if your thread has any luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bmanwithab

Total Posts:  5
Dallas, Texas

I too get this while importing.

Anyone figure this out yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

It’s hard to tell what’s happening, but I would look for any odd characters around byte 688 of the file. (Of course, it might be that it means byte 688 of the serialized data...not sure.)

What they do is serialize all the data structures so it can be reconstructed on the other end the same way (unserialize). If the syntax of the data got messed up in transmission, unserialize would get an error because it’s expecting a certain format.

Just so you know, the way to read those serialized values is the first letter is the type, then a colon, then the length, colon, then the value in quotes or braces.  So your example has unserialize(’a:45:{s:5:"stor...’) which we can immediately see has been truncated because it says array of 45, string of length 5, and then a few characters. (I know you probably shortened it, but it makes my point.)

Magento Community
Magento Community

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

I have experienced the above problem once. After half day searching for the reason, it turned out to be because of some characters in my csv file. After I changed the characters to UTF-8 codes, it worked smoothly.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community