Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Design issues only affect some IE 7 computers

jsrpool

Total Posts:  5

I am having issues with the custom design I have applied to Magento. There are several pages that are affected. This is puzzling because the issues only affect some computers running IE 7 and I cannot seem to figure out why. On over 5 computers I have tested on have no issues but several client computers face the problems. I can’t figure out any other causes for this to occur. Here is the url of one of the affected pages: http://biscoche.com/gifts.html I have also attached a screenshot of the page misaligned. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Image Attachments
Picture 1.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Smallblock

Total Posts:  24

Just a guess from looking real quick, but it might be related to the relative positioning of div.cartCluster and div.product-shop.

I didn’t see any absolutely positioned elements within those so I’m not sure if the relative positioning would be necessary, there’s definitely some differences in how those would be rendered between browsers.

You may want to check/test in IE 6, it seems to be having problems with the same elements and might give you a way to test on your own machine in case you don’t have constant access to the client machine.

Good luck with it,

Zach

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community