Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Urgent local 404 issue, Please Help! ***

derekdon

Total Posts:  21

Environment:
My staging server is a Ubuntu system LAMP stack and my local development is a Windows XP Pro x64 running a WAMP stack. According to the admin footers, the staging server is running Magento ver. 1.0.19870 and the development server is running Magento ver. 1.0.19870.2.

Issue:
I began simulating user actions in my local copy and am getting 404 errors while trying to perform certain actions, like login and logout for example. When I hover over Log Out the link is displayed as

https://www.example.dev/customer/account/logout/

but when I click it I get

https://www.example.dev/customer/account/logout/\/report/?id=-913150970&s;=per_eng.

Notice the backslash between logout and report? This is where I get the 404 Not Found error. Same thing happens when a user is not logged in, adds a product to the cart, goes to checkout, and fills in the log in fields and presses log in. The system sends me to this page

https://www.example.dev/customer/account/loginPost/\/report/?id=657236102&s;=per_eng

with the 404 message, The requested URL /customer/account/loginPost/\/report/ was not found on this server. Both .htaccess files are the same, both environments have mod_rewrite installed and enabled, and the Admin>System>Configuration>Web settings are the same and using secure urls when required. Everything works as expected on the staging server, but I can’t figure what is wrong with the local WAMP development version. I am wondering if it would be anything to do with misbehaving sessions but I really don’t know.

I am really under pressure to get this sorted, any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

Derek.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

avb0

Total Posts:  17

i’m having a similar error with the shopping cart link.

Magento Community
Magento Community

derekdon

Yeah it’s really annoying! I really think it’s something small… but what? :-(

Magento Community
Magento Community

aaronmark

Total Posts:  18
Nampa, ID

Having same problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

derekdon

Hey Guys,

This problem went away and if I remember correctly and for me it was caused by code in an unfinished module I was working on which was activated. I think I manually edited the link in the address bar from something like this…

https://www.example.dev/customer/account/logout/\/report/?id=-913150970&s;=per_eng

to

https://www.example.dev/report/?id=-913150970&s;=per_eng

and a report was printed to the screen that listed a class in my unfinished module, and once I had disabled it the errors ceased.

Hope this helps.

Derek.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aaronmark

Total Posts:  18
Nampa, ID

That was helpful for retrieving the error log. But I’m not working on any custom modules, so the errors are in Magento’s code. Anyone have insight into these errors?

WarningSimpleXMLElement::asXML() [simplexmlelement.asxml]string is not in UTF-8  in /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Dhl.php on line 341
Trace
:
#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'SimpleXMLElemen...', '/homepages/29/d...', 341, Array)
#1 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Dhl.php(341): SimpleXMLElement->asXML()
#2 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Dhl.php(247): Mage_Usa_Model_Shipping_Carrier_Dhl->_getXmlQuotes()
#3 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Dhl.php(62): Mage_Usa_Model_Shipping_Carrier_Dhl->_getQuotes()
#4 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Shipping.php(138): Mage_Usa_Model_Shipping_Carrier_Dhl->collectRates(Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#5 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Shipping/Model/Shipping.php(107): Mage_Shipping_Model_Shipping->collectCarrierRates('dhl', Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#6 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address.php(522): Mage_Shipping_Model_Shipping->collectRates(Object(Mage_Shipping_Model_Rate_Request))
#7 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address/Total/Shipping.php(142): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address->collectShippingRates()
#8 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Address.php(576): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address_Total_Shipping->collect(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address))
#9 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote.php(864): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address->collectTotals()
#10 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Cart.php(333): Mage_Sales_Model_Quote->collectTotals()
#11 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/CartController.php(110): Mage_Checkout_Model_Cart->save()
#12 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(349): Mage_Checkout_CartController->indexAction()
#13 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(163): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#14 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#15 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#16 /homepages/29/d94435202/htdocs/puffymondaes.com/store/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#17 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

derekdon

Not to sure as I haven’t used this part yet… and wouldn’t be 100% on what’s causing it as still getting to grips with Magento. But at a guess I’d say that whatever xml file you or the system is passing in the request isn’t encoded as UTF8. If you know what file it is try opening it in a UTF8 compatible text editor and saving it as UTF8.

Also, found this - http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/2512/
and this - http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/16068/

D.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community