Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Deleted Virtual Product Items (They just disappeared!)

jroakes

Total Posts:  19

I had 2 products deleted on a site I am testing.  I processed an order and the went in through admin and invoiced the order.  When I went back to the home page I noticed that I only had one product showing.  I thought this was a quantity issue so I didn’t look into it right away.  When I cam back later to update some products I noticed that 2 products are completely gone.  I am glad I was only testing and I will now make sure to use the backup functionality.

I found this previous thread
Magento Database has been completely wiped!!!

To avoid this situation, we are adding “Automatic DB upgrades” safeguard setting flag, that will have following options:
* Always (during development)
* Only once (version upgrade)
* Never (production)

Can someone give me an idea if this is still an issue and if it is where this setting flag is (ui or file)

Thanks,
JR

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jroakes

Total Posts:  19

anyone?

anyone?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community