Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to add some html below (Add to Compare block)? 

hdavy2002

Total Posts:  11

Hi all,

I would like to add this code below My cart and Compare Products blocks. I think that would be in right col. I am totally new and I was confused with somethings i read. Is there any GUI way of doing it?

This is a live chat mod from plugoo.com

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="plugoo" data= “http://www.plugoo.com/plg.swf?go=6yehh6xx” width="140" height="300"> <param name="movie" value= “http://www.plugoo.com/plg.swf?go=6yhennsnxxx” /> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /> <param name="wmode" value="transparent" /> </object>

Thanks all.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

Do you want this to appear everywhere or only in certain pages? Doing either has slightly difference methods.

First method (making them appear in particular CMS pages):
1) Admin > CMS > Static Blocks > Add New Block
2) Block Title: “live_chat” , Identifier: “live_chat” , Status: Enabled , Content = your HTML (including the code snippet in your post)
3) Add to your Home Page CMS page (for example):
3a) Admin > CMS > Manage Pages > Home Page > Custom Design ... put this in the Layout Update XML field:

<reference name="right">
    <
block type="cms/block" name="live_chat" before="-">
        <
action method="setBlockId"><block_id>live_chat</block_id></action>
    </
block>    
</
reference>
This will add the page in the “right” column (reference="right").
You can add the item before or after other blocks via the “before” or “after” attribute. Here you see “before="-" which will put it FIRST (using after="-" will put it LAST in the column).
You can do things like before="cart" or after="cart" as well.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

If you want the live chat to appear EVERYWHERE, you can replace step 3 above with the following:

Find the layout xml file for page (page.xml) - default location: app\design\frontend\default\default\layout\page.xml

Add this in the <default> </default> tags (NOT in any of the <block> tags in the <default> tag in this file)

<!-- new -->
    <
reference name="right">
        <
block type="cms/block" name="live_chat" after="cart">
            <
action method="setBlockId"><block_id>live_chat</block_id></action>
        </
block>    
    </
reference>
<!--