Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problems with upgrading 1.0.9870 to 1.1.2

scma

Total Posts:  31

Hi,

with these steps i have upgraded from 1.0.9870 to 1.1.2:
1. magento-core/Mage_All_Latest --> Install --> Refresh
2. Select all upgradable Extensions --> Clear all Sessions --> Commit --> Refresh
3. F5 in Firefox (the most package-versions are now 1.1.1, why?)
4. once again: magento-core/Mage_All_Latest --> Install --> Refresh (now i can see in the command-line the version 1.1.2)

After this steps, when i refresh my firefox to see the changes, this error message is displayed in all frontends:

Error in file"/var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.40-0.7.41.php" Wrong attribute group ID
Trace
:
#0 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(280): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(172): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.7.40', '0.7.50')
#2 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(139): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.7.40', '0.7.50')
#3 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(114): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(209): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(230): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /var/www/app/Mage.php(397): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 /var/www/app/Mage.php(416): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 /var/www/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

I also tried to download the file magento-1.1.2.tar.bz2 and overwrite all the existent files, but the error ist the same.
What is my problem (except my English wink )?
Many thanks in advance and greetings from germany.

Markus

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JesseStewart

Total Posts:  82
Salt Lake City, Utah

I got the same error doing the same thing. I upgraded from a 1.1.2 to 1.1.6 and everything broke.

Error in file"C:\www\vhosts\localhost\softwaremore\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\sql\catalog_setup\mysql4-upgrade-0.7.40-0.7.41.php" Wrong attribute group ID
Trace
:
#0 C:\www\vhosts\localhost\softwaremore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(286): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 C:\www\vhosts\localhost\softwaremore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(178): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '0.7.40', '0.7.52')
#2 C:\www\vhosts\localhost\softwaremore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(145): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('0.7.40', '0.7.52')
#3 C:\www\vhosts\localhost\softwaremore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(120): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 C:\www\vhosts\localhost\softwaremore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 C:\www\vhosts\localhost\softwaremore\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(236): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 C:\www\vhosts\localhost\softwaremore\app\Mage.php(424): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('', 'store', Array)
#7 C:\www\vhosts\localhost\softwaremore\app\Mage.php(443): Mage::app('', 'store', Array)
#8 C:\www\vhosts\localhost\softwaremore\index.php(40): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

tomelloso

Total Posts:  1

Same error here. Any solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JesseStewart

Salt Lake City, Utah

I think it has something to do with the database information. Some help from Varien really be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JesseStewart

Salt Lake City, Utah

Is anyone else using table prefixes?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JesseStewart

Salt Lake City, Utah

I created a new topic at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/18549/

Magento Community
Magento Community

scma

Total Posts:  31

Hi,

i resolved my problem.
Did you renamed your attributesets?
I did this in eg from “general” to “allgemein” and so on.
This had the result, that in the database an column for the general entry where changed from 1 to 0.
Wen i renamed it again back to “general” the entry don’t change back from 0 to 1.
So i must set sql-statements to correct the database.

UPDATE eav_attribute_group SET attribute_group_name='General'default_id='1' WHERE attribute_set_id='28' AND attribute_group_name='Allgemein';
The attribute_set_id is from the attribute_set. You can find out:
SELECT FROM eav_attribute_group;
Is every row in the column default_id = 0, than you got an error.
After this, the update where successfull.

Markus

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community