Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error out of no where

SwiftCol

Total Posts:  85

All of a sudden, when ever I try to go to Magento’s root page, i get this:

Warning: SimpleXMLElement::addAttribute() [simplexmlelement.addattribute]: Attribute already exists in .../app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php on line 156

All of the other pages work. I don’t know what happened.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

mmm well it’s just a warning, so technically you can turn warnings off (it’s an error reporting setting) and ignore it...but getting to the root cause of it would be nice. It could be something that’s always there as a sort of bug - does everything seem to work despite it?
Do you have developer mode on?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SwiftCol

I don’t know of a “developer mode”, but regardless of what type of error this is, it’s showing this instead of my catalog’s home page, so I need it taken care of. Do you know what’s causing the error?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SwiftCol

This XML in one of my layout files, (doesn’t matter which one it’s in) is making Magento error out at stated above.

<customer_logged_in>
        <
remove name="wishlist_sidebar"></remove>
        <
remove name="cart_sidebar"></remove>
        <
remove name="catalog.compare.sidebar"></remove>
        <
remove name="content.newsletter"></remove>
    </
customer_logged_in>

Whats wrong with this code, and why is it making Magento error? (Only runs once your logged in.)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community