Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento and CRUD

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

Magento definitely has a lot of of the Read part of CRUD down. but what about Create, Update and Delete?

I haven’t seen many code snippets of updating the database on the forums, except for a few running custom SQL commands. (Admittedly I I only looked for such code in the Magento modules for a little while - came up with only a little here and there)

This would be useful for instance if we wanted to update some data to be used for the Product Upsells dynamically (perhaps every time a product was purchased or something like that)

There seems to be a lot of code for this in the Model area of the Install Module

Perhaps in this aspect it would be more handy to check out the Zend framework for database connections…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community