Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

My Account and Wishlist Show Blank Pages [SOLVED]

winzippy

Total Posts:  101
Rochester, NY, USA

Hey all,

I’m running Magento 1.1.2 on a dedicated Hostgator server with the following specs:

Apache 1.3.41
PHP 5.2.5
MySQL 4.1.22-standard

PHP Settings:
display_errors STDOUT
memory_limit 40MB
register_globals on
safemode off

I just did a fresh install of 1.1.2 and then transplanted the theme and db from 1.0. I replaced all of the helpers found in the upgrade wiki.

You can see what happens when you go to: http://www.ifolomedia.com/~coffeeri/index.php/customer/account/.

What do you think could be causing this kind of problem? PHP error reporting is turned on to stdout, but i’m not seeing anything.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

winzippy

Rochester, NY, USA

I changed from my custom theme back to the default (1.1.2) and the wishlist shows up. What I can’t figure out is why?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wiseguy Digital

Total Posts:  61
Bristol, UK

winzippy - 12 August 2008 06:35 AM

I changed from my custom theme back to the default (1.1.2) and the wishlist shows up. What I can’t figure out is why?

Had you made any changes to the default layout files before? Just wondering how you have your templates setup.

Magento Community
Magento Community

winzippy

Rochester, NY, USA

I’ve made changes mostly to the skin files and to the templates/page directory. I wish there was a way to compare entire directories of files. It must be a simple fix, but I’m just not seeing it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

winzippy

Rochester, NY, USA

I guess a better question would be what causes the Wishlist and My Account pages to work? What functions in what phtml files are called? If I can figure that out that’s a really good start.

Perhaps there’s an xml file that needs updating?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wiseguy Digital

Total Posts:  61
Bristol, UK

winzippy - 12 August 2008 09:59 AM

I guess a better question would be what causes the Wishlist and My Account pages to work? What functions in what phtml files are called? If I can figure that out that’s a really good start.

Perhaps there’s an xml file that needs updating?

Hi again - there is quite a lot fo software out there for comparing text files which is great for development work - try “compare files” in Google to find some. This could really help you.

Normally to “turn off” sections of your page or blocks, you would use the layout XML files to control each section. You could also use the admin to alter which modules are used on the site. Login and go to:

System -> Configuration -> Advanced -> Advanced.

In here you can disable modules (except I think the compare feature).

Magento Community
Magento Community

winzippy

Rochester, NY, USA

Thanks for your responses Wiseguy.

I finally figured it out. What I did was disable the custom coffeeriot theme and reinstituted the default Magento theme. Then I went and enabled template path hinting. I found that the My Account page was using the 2columns-left.phtml file. Then I looked up the file under my template package and it was completely blank!

I just uploaded a good copy of the template file and BAM! Problem solved.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community