Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Missing “State/Province” in checkout process

dcorrell

Total Posts:  21

I am having a problem when I go to complete the checkout process on my Magento store, the State/Province dropdown list under Step 1 is not visible, and even when i do go to make it visible via removing “display:none;” from the inline css, it becomes visible, but no entries appear in the dropdown.  Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magpieradio

Total Posts:  30

I am having the same problem, any fixes available?

Image Attachments
missing.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Naresh Vajawat

Total Posts:  47
India

Hi,

How do you get the states list as a drop down. Currently I see it only as a text field , which is an issue as people might type the name of the state incorrectly. My Country selected is India and I would love to see a drop down for indian states any where on the site.

TIA,
Naresh

Magento Community
Magento Community

thunderhawk6630

Total Posts:  4

I am having the same problem in 1.2.0.3, I cannot see the State/province field and users cannot complete registration without it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

deggertsen

Total Posts:  30
Utah

I had the same problem and was somehow able to repair it by deleting two js files from my page.xml template file.  I think it had something to do with the lightbox.js or glider.js but I’m really not sure at all.  Appears to be a javascript conflict but I hardly looked into it enough to even figure out what the errors were.  Try it and see if it works for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MorelMan

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

The problem we had was that the STATE / PROVINCE would not allow for input ... so the CHECKOUT procedure was dead in the water at at that point. 

Hope this is helpful ... no need in all of us taking tons of time trying to fix this.

Basically, after looking at everything a number of times ... the following is what worked:
Setting up php5(fast-cgi).  Which by itself didn’t do the trick either.  Then we increased to 96M … THAT DID THE TRICK.  Just wanted to let you know.  Earlier before the php5 we tried to increase to 50M which didn’t work.  Would less than 96M work ... give it a try we know it is more than 50M and 96M or less.

Hope that fixes it quickly for you.

Dale.

Image Attachments
FMLOGO.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

klagreca

Total Posts:  35
Northern NJ

Hi folks,
I’m hearing the same issue, sporadically, from our customers as well. However, I cannot recreate the problem.  I’m told that the customers are using IE7 but I try the same setup, and it looks fine.  Can anyone consistently recreate this error?

Dale - I think its a coincidence.  I think the issue is a coding one, and not a memory issue.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

InitechDesign

Total Posts:  88

I have clients reporting this problem as well. At first I thought it was user error because I also couldn’t recreate the error on my end. The user having the problem on my site was using Firefox she said but she never told me what version she was using. She is the third person to report this error on my site but other people seem to be having no issues because I get orders everyday. Anybody else have a solution??

Dale, could you clarify a little better what you were talking about so the newbies on here understand. How do you set up PHP5 ?????

Magento Community
Magento Community

InitechDesign

I am still running into this error with my clients but still can’t duplicate the error on my browser. Does anyone know the issue here???

Magento Community
Magento Community

each1teach1

so sounds like this never got resoled by anyone? I did notice latest release said this got fixed...anyone test that...I was just about to launch my store and the same thing hapend..Mag is asking for country but doesnt have any values in the drop down and you cant even type anything in there, and state is an empty text area (at least you can type in there, but just waiting for customer keying errors). HELP...this is just crazy, i was in the final stage of launching the site and got screwed...any advise appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

klagreca

Northern NJ

Sorry to share, but its still happening with the latest release (1.3.2.1).  At least for us, this version didn’t fix it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

each1teach1

Hi Klagreca,

So what are people doing??? This sems like a show stopper for any online store so there must be some type of workaround out there, but I havent found one that quite works yet....

So i’m struggling here, but sorta figured out at least what is going on.
Basically there is something going on with country and state in magento. What i can see is that
1 --the field country cannot be entered from front end by customer anywhere (estimated shipping at my cart, checkout, or when creating a new account)…
-the country dropdown is completely blank, and since its a drop down no text can be manually put in there
-since the country field is blank, and its a required field you cannot save a new account address, or do estimated shipping, or checkout
-on a related note, while the country drop down is empty, the state field is just a blank text field, instead of having a drop down based on the country, so this is an error as well

For customer account creation I can put in a customer address (state and country) in the backend admin, and it saves it fine and it shows up in the DB. In fact the drop downs for state and country work liek they should here with no issues.

2 --Now even for customers where I have created an address with country/state, if I try to checkout it instead of getting a quote for shipping it says ‘no quotes available’ now. so it looks like its not even passing it for shipiping???

any thoughts on this? i had everything lined up, all products created and ready to go, adn then came across this which has just rendered me dead in the water.

anyone, anyone??? Magento team?

I need HELP!

Magento Community
Magento Community

EYEMAGINE

Irvine, CA

Hi all,

I think I found the problem.

In the core_config_data table, I found an entry whose path was simply ‘general’ and there was no value.

This entry wiped out all of the ‘general’ configurations in Magento.

I’m not sure how it got there, but it caused major problems with the shipping quote form. 

After backing up core_config_data (VERY IMPORTANT) and then deleting that record, the shipping quote form works again.

I hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

InitechDesign

andy101010 - 01 July 2009 02:00 PM

Hi all,

I think I found the problem.

In the core_config_data table, I found an entry whose path was simply ‘general’ and there was no value.

This entry wiped out all of the ‘general’ configurations in Magento.

I’m not sure how it got there, but it caused major problems with the shipping quote form. 

After backing up core_config_data (VERY IMPORTANT) and then deleting that record, the shipping quote form works again.

I hope this helps.

The start of this forum wasn’t referring to a problem with shipping quotes, it was talking about the state drop down on the checkout page. So do you think this core_config thing has something to do with the state dropdown not showing?

Anyone else figure out how to get this working or what is causing the issue? I still haven’t even nailed down what browsers this is happening to.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mitc0185

Total Posts:  21

My customer service department just started reporting this issue, since we upgraded from 1.1.8 to 1.3.2.2. I have yet to reproduce the issue on my end, tried with FF 3.5.1, IE6, IE7, IE8, and Safari 4. I would assume the 3 customers who have reported it are all using IE of some variety, but that’s just a guess.

This has been reported to us enough now that we’re concerned about it. I will be searching the bug database tomorrow to see if this is listed, and if it’s not, I’ll put a bug report in.

Magento Community
Magento Community

InitechDesign

It has been reported before by someone else and the Magento team pretty much blew him off twice. http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=6326

We just need to continue to bug them with this until it is at least acknowledged as an issue.

I finally got a response from a client last night on the browser they were having issues with and it was IE7. I am using IE7 as well and can not duplicate the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3