Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Adding username to customer profile

cooldar

Total Posts:  95

Hi Magento Gurus,

I am trying to add username to customer database. Because I don’t to tangle my code too much into magento’s core code base for future upgradability, I created a new module that has a new table and model. Let’s call the module Profile with namespace Person. The only code I want to add is when a new customer account is created, it will insert the username into this new table in the new module.

So, I try to access the model in Person Profile module from Mage Customer module’s Account controller and createPostAction but when I try to getModle on it, I get

Class ‘Person’ not found

Basically I need to be able to access Models in other module outside of Mage from modules within Mage.

any idea what to do? Please help!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cooldar

Total Posts:  95

nevermind, it works now…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community