Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Cross-sells and upsells on import/export

j.morell

Total Posts:  23

Looking through the screencast, Shannon says that all database attributes are available for import and export. However cross sells and upsells aren’t an attribute in the database, and as far as I can work out won’t be an option for import & export. Is this correct, and if so, is it possible to add in columns for cross-sell and upsell and give SKUs of associated products? It would be really useful to be able to update these in bulk too.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

We will look at adding this in coming releases.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

j.morell

Total Posts:  23

Hi Yoav,

Thanks for the info and I’ll look forwards to seeing this in the future.

Magento Community
Magento Community

webfxmasta

Total Posts:  15

Has this been implemented yet in 0.8.17240?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanb

Total Posts:  91

Is Magento 1.0 able to export and import cross sells and related products? I am not seeing them export.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanb

For anyone else struggling with this issue – I used a work-around that may work for some people.

I am setting up a website with more than 10,000 products. We sell light fixtures and many of them come in different finishes (colors). I need a link on each fixture to the other same.

Because configurable products are such a mess for us to deal with importing, we decided to take each different finish and make it a related product – which works well since each fixture with a different finish actually has a different model number.

However, I can not find a way to import related products using data flow, so we defaulted to creating HTML tags in the description for each product, linking customers to the related product. I wrote some script in excel that was able to do this for us.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cgalpin

Total Posts:  11

Just FYI, in 1.1 the product relationships are easy to setup via the web service API. I currently have an issue where my cross sells don’t show up (whether added manually via the GUI, or via the API so I do not believe it is API related) but otherwise works great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

cgalpin - 13 August 2008 05:01 AM

Just FYI, in 1.1 the product relationships are easy to setup via the web service API. I currently have an issue where my cross sells don’t show up (whether added manually via the GUI, or via the API so I do not believe it is API related) but otherwise works great.

How do you set this up?  Do you have to know which tables to update?
I have a bunch of products that I need to relate and associate.  I’d really like to see the mass action on the product grid for all the relationships (related, cross-sell, up-sell, and associated).

Magento Community
Magento Community

mayerwin

Total Posts:  182
France

Still no news regarding this? Soon 1 year from the first post.
It should not be that much complicated to improve the import parser so that it can process “related products”, “cross-sells” and “up-sells” fields.

It’s not efficient to use the API just for that (the current import parser “Import All products) is fine for everything else, even if I had to hack it to handle better images and multi stores).

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cgalpin

Total Posts:  11

joyously - 01 September 2008 05:38 AM

How do you set this up?  Do you have to know which tables to update?
I have a bunch of products that I need to relate and associate.  I’d really like to see the mass action on the product grid for all the relationships (related, cross-sell, up-sell, and associated).

Sorry I never replied to this before. The API features that are implemented (some features are still missing) are pretty well documented and there is example code to get you started.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/doc/webservices-api/api/catalog_product_link#catalog_product_link.assign

But loading this way is rather slow and I agree we need a better native bulk loading solution - especially if they hope to get people with existing sites to switch over to magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

benfrain.com

Total Posts:  142

I’d also like to see a way to do this on import.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanb

yes we really need a way to import related products! Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

janoschii

Total Posts:  19

YoavKutner - 13 November 2007 04:08 PM

We will look at adding this in coming releases.

Thanks

yoav

What is with this? Is it possible now?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanb

I wonder if they are working on it in the next release?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

ryanb - 22 October 2008 11:23 AM

yes we really need a way to import related products! Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?

Yes, but it didn’t make it to this thread.  cheese

See http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6941/P60/

Magento Community
Magento Community

GreyWolf

Total Posts:  46

Well, I’ll give this year-old topic a bump! cool smile

I have 16500 “simple products”, not “configurable products”, that I’ve imported, and would surely love to know how to add related/cross-sell/up-sell products to each of my existing products, without having to go through the tedious minimum 4-step process of manually changing each product, one at a time, in Magento. sick
Has anyone been able to accomplish this yet? I would surely appreciate the help.

It would have really been nice if one could select multiple simple products at one time in the admin panel, just like updating attributes, and assign the same related/cross-sell/up-sell products to a selected group of existing products. Same with a new product, that would go great with about 50 other existing products.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2