Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New installation doesn’t allow edit of CMS pages

The Sunday Paper

Total Posts:  202

Hi. I have a new installation of Magento that was installed by my hosting provider (Nexcess), and works great except that I cannot edit CMS pages. I get this error on save:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry ‘5-1’ for key 1

...or 1-1, or 2-1, depending on the page_id of the CMS page I’m editing. I see a few people have posted the same problem to this forum, but there has been no resolution beyond a couple of people coming back to say, “It started working.” Nexcess doesn’t actually support Magento, even this problem that didn’t arise but came with the installation, so I need to get some help from someone who knows the software. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

(I have replied to other unresolved posts about this issue, but I’m posting it here because I think the other posts were in the wrong categories.)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

Total Posts:  202

Just to follow up, the problem appeared to be browser related. I am able to edit CMS pages in Firefox and don’t see this error. The SQLSTATE error only appears when I attempt to edit any CMS page in Safari.

Hope this helps anyone else having the same problem.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community