Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal Express - duplicate orders

zmediaguru

Total Posts:  6

Last week we upgraded our store to Magento 1.1.2. Since the upgrade we are now seeing duplicate orders appear for every order paid via PayPal Express. The duplicate orders have the same order number, but sometimes differing names/addresses.

Both duplicates are posted within 30 seconds to 1 minute or so of each other. It appears to be an issue where the order is getting placed within Magento twice - once before the handoff to the Paypal site, and once again upon the visitor’s return to Magento from Paypal. This was not happening prior to the upgrade, and it only happens with Paypal Express orders - Authorize.net orders are fine.

The Paypal Express payment module Action is set to ‘Sale’.

Has anyone seen behavior like this? I’m interested in discovering whether this is a bug with the payment module code, or something unique to our installation somehow.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

evdat

Total Posts:  35
Carthage, MO

This bug is listed here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=2589

It was originally posted on August 1st.

I provided details of my experience confirming the bug in v1.1.1, v1.1.2, and v1.1.3. This bug does not seem to be present in v1.0.19870.4.

It doesn’t just appear to be a duplicate order issue with the paypal express payment method, it actually looks like it creates an order prior to processing the payment via paypal, and that’s why you’d see the duplicate order listed, because it actually creates it twice.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RPGShop

Total Posts:  143

I too have this same error since going form 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 ... It’s a pretty high priority for them to fix it I would think. It’s screwing up our staff and applications and shipping and all… Yes we use paypal express.

JAmes

Magento Community
Magento Community

javaman

Total Posts:  9

I just trying to get PayPal Express to work.  In paypal sondbox now.  It breaks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RPGShop

Come on people… isn’t duplicate orders a priority 1 bug to fix?  Its been a long time since 1.1.2 was released that caused this. Is there at least a work around?  It’s making my staff work and think harder.

I too had trouble getting paypal express to work in sandbox - but it worked fine live. Try that.

James

Magento Community
Magento Community

mbop

Total Posts:  7

Has anyone experienced the duplicate order issue with Google Checkout?
I do not use PayPal Express but I do utilize Google Checkout. 
I have 4 of 6 orders that show as duplicates.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RPGShop

This was fixed in 1.1.6 they say… but now if I use paypal express it doesn’t even go to the paypal website to ask for payment. It just completes the order and leaves it in paypal pending status.

I do not want that… They should have to pay. What am I missing?

James

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community