Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Selling pairs of animals

drewby07

Total Posts:  4

So I’m working on a website to sell corn snakes.  I’ve been fiddling with this in Zen Cart and finally gave up...until someone mentioned Magento.  Here are the different attributes I need to have available for each animal:

Sex:
- Male (priced normally)
- Female (25% price upcharge)
- Pair (this is where it’s tricky - needs to double the price AND subtract 2 from the inventory)
- Don’t care (same as “male")

Also it would be ideal to be able to track inventory by sex as well, as in: Red Corn Snake - 1 male, 2 females available, and quantities would be subtracted from each when purchased, and when a PAIR was purchased, it would subtract 1 from each.

Looking around, I think this MIGHT be possible using either configurable or bundled products...though I’m not 100% sure how.  If it IS indeed possible, I will be THRILLED, but if not, Magento won’t work for me.

Anyone???

--Drew

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

drewby07

Total Posts:  4

I’m thinking the answer may lie within configurable products…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community