Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Migration from other Shopping Cart Software

digital daz

Total Posts:  8
UK

I’ve been using MX Kart as a ecommerce solution for some time but the company (INTERAkt) who developed this have been bought by Adobe so no longer develop the software, so as well as looking for a replacement; which Magento will do comfortably! I also need to think about migrating existing sites. For smaller sites it will probably be easier to insert the products from scratch but for sites with 20+ products I will need be able to import a full catalogue of products, obviosuly I can save the existing product catalogue as csv / sql.  What functionality is there for Batch Import/Export in Magento?

On a seporate note what would people recomend for also importing or at least referencing product images? The thought of having to import multiple product photos is very daunting…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Hello smile

Take a look at the link below - hopefully it will answer your questions

http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/announcing-magento-dataflow-a-flexible-data-exchange-engine/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community