Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Mcrypt error

Gwen

Total Posts:  5

Hi,

After a complete installation of Magento 1.1.2 (without any problem), i’d like to add a product by the admin panel but this error message coming after the product type page :

“ Warning: mcrypt_generic_deinit() [function.mcrypt-generic-deinit]: Could not terminate encryption specifier in /home/s/sitegt/html/lib/Varien/Crypt/Mcrypt.php on line 119 “

The server support Mcrypt 2.5.8 and Magento interface is in ‘French (France)’.

What could be wrong during the deinit process ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Gwen

I forgot to tell the previous version of Magento worked fine with the same server.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gwen

Extract of the Trace stack :
#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘mcrypt_generic_...’, ‘/home/s/sitegt/...’, 119, Array)
#1 /home/s/sitegt/html/lib/Varien/Crypt/Mcrypt.php(119): mcrypt_generic_deinit(Resource id #400)
#2 /home/s/sitegt/html/lib/Varien/Crypt/Mcrypt.php(113): Varien_Crypt_Mcrypt->_reset()
#3 /home/s/sitegt/html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Product/Helper/Form/Gallery/Content.php(41): Varien_Crypt_Mcrypt->__destruct()

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gwen

Ok I found why - It’s again a charset error

In Mcrypt.php, line 62, the string charset is omitted in the function ‘iconv_strlen’ so the iconv.internal_charset is probably wrong.

I just added ‘UTF-8’ to the function like this : iconv_strlen($key,’UTF-8’)>$maxKeySize

Now that’s work fine !

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community