Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Poll
Is anyone else having this problem?
Yes 8
No 1
Total Votes: 9
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Clicking on System > Configuration > Sales > Sales causes Magento to crash

bignm

Total Posts:  19
Texas

When trying to configure the Magento software, clicking on the v1.1.2 menu option in the backend:

System > Configuration > Sales > Sales

caused Magento to crash and display the following system trace dump (below).  This is the first bomb-out I have had with Magento.  Strangely, it doesn’t seem that even the folder “Image” doesn’t exist, let alone the file that it is trying to load “Pdf.php”.  The only locations the file “Pdf.php” seems to exist is in:

/home/member/public_html/magento/downloader/pearlib/download/Lib_ZF-1.1.1/Zend/Pdf.php
/home/member/public_html/magento/lib/Zend/Pdf.php

Warning: include(Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Image/Pdf.php[function.include]failed to open streamNo such file or directory  in /home/member/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php on line 67

#0 /home/member/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php(67): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'include(Mage/Ad...', 'D:/home/member/...', 67, Array)
#1 /home/member/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php(67): __autoload()
#2 [internal function]: __autoload('Mage_Adminhtml_...')
#3 /home/member/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(714): class_exists('Mage_Adminhtml_...')
#4 /home/member/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(287): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance('adminhtml/syste...', Array)
#5 /home/member/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Form.php(236): Mage::getModel('adminhtml/syste...')
#6 /home/member/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Form.php(174): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Form->initFields(Object(Varien_Data_Form_Element_Fieldset), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element))
#7 /home/member/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Edit.php(85): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Form->initForm()
#8 /home/member/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/ConfigController.php(82): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Edit->initForm()
#9 /home/member/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_Adminhtml_System_ConfigController->editAction()
#10 /home/member/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(137): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('edit')
#11 /home/member/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(168): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#12 /home/member/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(420): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#13 /home/member/public_html/magento/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#14 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SoapMedia

Total Posts:  32

I have the same problem on a fresh install of 1.1.2

Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

It should exist in app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Backend/Image
Mine has this file - it has been upgraded several times starting with 1.0

Also I note from this function that the image for the packing slip cannot be in .gif format (suggest .png).

Magento Community
Magento Community

SoapMedia

the Backend folder from my fresh 1.1.2 install doesnt contain an “Image” folder for me. I created one then copied the file from /lib/Zend/Pdf.php but i get the following error:

Invalid config field backend model: adminhtml/system_config_backend_image_pdf

#0 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Form.php(238): Mage::throwException(’Invalid config ...’)
#1 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Form.php(174): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Form->initFields(Object(Varien_Data_Form_Element_Fieldset), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element), Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element))
#2 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Config/Edit.php(85): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Form->initForm()
#3 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/ConfigController.php(82): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Config_Edit->initForm()
#4 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_Adminhtml_System_ConfigController->editAction()
#5 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(137): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’edit’)
#6 /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(168): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#7 /var/www/html/app/Mage.php(420): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#8 /var/www/html/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Magento Community
Magento Community

SoapMedia

I downloaded it from the latest SVN branch and all is well again

Magento Community
Magento Community

bignm

Texas

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help!  Especially the idea about using the SVN branch to update my installation.

What I did was the next best thing, and downloaded the full magento-1.1.2.zip from the download page, and re-installed it over my existing version (which was originally v 1.1.1) and it solved the problem.  The System > Configuration > Sales > Sales page now works.

I have tried re-installing the missing Lib_ZF and Lib_ZF_Locale modules using Magento Connect, but it doesn’t work and the response from Magento Connect is:

No releases for package "magento-core/Lib_ZF" exist
Cannot initialize 
'channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_ZF'invalid or missing package file
Install Errors
Package 
"channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_ZF" is not valid
PEAR ERROR
install failed

No releases for package "magento-core/Lib_ZF_Locale" exist
Cannot initialize 
'channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_ZF_Locale'invalid or missing package file
Install Errors
Package 
"channel://connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Lib_ZF_Locale" is not valid
PEAR ERROR
install failed

I guess the problem here is Magento Connect, since now everything works after a complete “overwrite” of my installation using the “magento-1.1.2.zip” file.

NOTE:  When extracting, I had WinRAR (my archive software) not overwrite existing files, just add new files only…

Hope this helps!

Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community

poulpillusion

Total Posts:  34

Same problem here.

Tried to reinstall all the modules I could :
Interface_Frontend_Default_Modern 1.1.2 (stable)
Lib_Google_Checkout 1.1.1 (stable)
Lib_Js_Calendar 1.0.18800 (stable)
Lib_Js_Mage 1.1.1 (stable)
Lib_Js_Prototype 1.1.1 (stable)
Lib_Varien 1.1.1 (stable)
Lib_ZF 1.1.1 (stable)
Lib_ZF_Locale 1.1.1 (stable)
Mage_Core_Modules 1.1.3 (stable)

Unfortunately, it didn’t fix anything…

Magento Community
Magento Community

bignm

Texas

Hi Poulpillusion,

You are correct… re-installing using the Magento Connect tool doesn’t work right.  I have run into this same problem with the v1.1.6 version.  Just like before, the only solution was to delete the entire current magento directory contents (except for the community stuff and custom local changes to layouts and themes) and then downloading and installing the full version of Magento v1.1.6 via SSH.  I don’t know why the Magento Connect upgrade process causes problems, but it does.  It seems after a few updates using it, random stuff just stops working properly.  No more updates for me, just fresh new full installs.

Tom

Magento Community
Magento Community

taikahn

Total Posts:  35

Same problem here, tried re-install and tried updates over my old install only to get everything working but this same bug again and the 404 error on the manage pages admin link.

So far i’m frustrated as can be.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community