Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Testing Authorize.Net, receiving “Credit card type is not allowed for this payment method” when checking out

dniesen

Total Posts:  74

I have an Authorize.Net developer account and I’ve configured this payment method in the Magento admin area.  Seemed pretty straightforward.  I enabled Amex, Visa, MC, Discover, saved it.  Tried placing an order and upon hitting continue when using this payment method receive the error:

Credit card type is not allowed for this payment method

This happened both on 1.1.1 and 1.1.2, clean installs on both Ubuntu 8.04 and Fedora 6.

Been scratching my head all day on this one.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dniesen

Total Posts:  74

So I tried selecting just Visa as the accepted type.  This went through.  I tried just Visa, MC and Discover, that went through.  I tried adding Amex back in (so now it’s configured exactly the way it was by default) and it went through.

For whatever reason, if you get the same error message as me.  Make a change to this list, then change it back.  Something must not be triggering somewhere with the default Authorize.net settings.

Magento Community
Magento Community

N Lopez

Total Posts:  94

I have the same problem. I did what you sugested but still not working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Quiddity

Total Posts:  22

i had exactly the same problem but i had to contact authorize.net to fix this issue. It seems to be a problem on their end, not in Magento. I’ve open different accounts and i always have the same problem trying to accept AMEX, regardless if it was in Magento or not.

After i contacted Authorize.net to fix this issue on my account, i haven’t had a problem accepting AMEX there after.

Hope this helps a bit.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jedimastafez

Total Posts:  45
Bucklands Beach

I had this problem too only with our local payment gateway extension for Flo2Cash.

As it turns out I had forgotten to clear the cache after changing the accepted cards settings.

So just throwing that out there as another reason why you may be receiving this message.

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

Total Posts:  202

Same problem here. I’ve tried the suggestions so far offered in this thread, but have seen no change. Has anyone got any ideas as to the actual source of the problem with this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jason A

Total Posts:  7

I had the same problem, to fix it I simply turned off Saved CC and refreshed the cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Parrothead

Total Posts:  9

Bump!

Anyone find a solution for this problem?

I’m in version 1.3.1 and have tried all of the above.

I’ve also read everything I can find in this forum. No love.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

PhilBey

Total Posts:  2

I have the exact same problem but with eWay.  This occurs as soon as you select the payment method - before you confirm order, and the message is sent to eway so I’m pretty confident this is local to magento.  I’ve tried a variety of credit card combos (including the ones I can use wiht eway - VISA and MASTERCARD) and have refreshed / disabled / reenabled the cache etc.  All to no avail.  I’ve tracked down where this is happening in the code but not clues as yet.  Did anyone get to the bottom of this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community