Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
multi vendor/ multi supplier/ multi store marketplace

deansmitty

Total Posts:  132

I actually dont recall seeing this feature, may be new or I over looked it.

Doing research now.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fireworks

Total Posts:  18

I’m interested in this too.  I noticed that the Community edition demo show multiple site, but I didn’t see how to do it in the admin console.  Does the community edition support multi vendor or not??

Magento Community
Magento Community

Priya R Panigrahi

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

After reading some great reviews about Magento. I have decided to give it a try.

Can anybody please let me know if Magento community edition supports the Multi vendor facility?

My basic requirement is a grocery shop where there will be one (in some case multiple vendor) for each area (according to zip code). The vendors will be offering similar set of products with very little changes in their product lineup.

Once the user places an order it will go the allocated vendor for that area. For the area having multiple vendors, the user will get a choice to select the vendor of his choice.

Can I achieve this functionality with Magento community edition to begin with.

Please give your thoughts on this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fireworks

Total Posts:  18

For multi vendor try this. http://www.crucialwebhost.com/blog/how-to-setup-multiple-magento-stores/ The short answer is yes it seems to do it.  I’m just starting down this path myself, but I’ve gotten multi stores up in testing.

What I don’t know if it will do is the financials.  How do you get the money to the vendor?  Does the main site (i.e you) collect the money and transfer their amount after, or is there a way for the vendor to be paid immediately, and you get your percentage at the same time?

I think your going to have to develop the rest of the functionality yourself.

Priya R Panigrahi - 26 October 2009 10:44 AM

Hi,

After reading some great reviews about Magento. I have decided to give it a try.

Can anybody please let me know if Magento community edition supports the Multi vendor facility?

My basic requirement is a grocery shop where there will be one (in some case multiple vendor) for each area (according to zip code). The vendors will be offering similar set of products with very little changes in their product lineup.

Once the user places an order it will go the allocated vendor for that area. For the area having multiple vendors, the user will get a choice to select the vendor of his choice.

Can I achieve this functionality with Magento community edition to begin with.

Please give your thoughts on this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shantanukarmakar123

Total Posts:  2

There will be three types of user on the site:

1) Regular User
2) Artist
3) Admin

Each user type will have different privileges and activities they can perform. A table makes this clear.

Function Admin Artist User
Register X X
Login X X X
Add Genres X
View Genres X X
View New Releases X X
Upload Songs X X
Buy Songs X X
Manage Users X
Track Purchases X X
Track Payments X X
Search for Songs X X X
Search for Artists X X X
View Total Sales X
Use Shopping Cart X X
Make Purchases X X

This table tells us what functions the three respective user types can perform. Everything an admin performs is behind the scenes. For an admin to operate, he must first log into the backend. Here he is able to Add Genres, Upload Songs, Manage Users, Track Payments, Search for Songs, Search for Artists, and View Total Sales.

The regular user can visit the site and Search for Songs, Search for Artists, view New Releases, view Genres, Register, log in, Use the Shopping Cart, and Make Purchases. In his account, a user can track the purchases he has made, and utilize all of the other available site functions.

The artist can do everything a user can, plus he can upload songs and track his sales.

Here is also mutiple vendor functionality need is it possible to do using magento?
Please help me.
Thanks
Shantanu

Magento Community
Magento Community

kcmoney13

Total Posts:  16

Fireworks! i am also facing the same issues with a client they are creating a franchise model.

Once the appropriate area has been selected each franchisee has their own ordering checkout. There will be one database of products controlled by corporate but each franchisee will be able to control certain text information on their site. My issue is for one once the customer has picked their product how do we send the order to the correct franchisee depending on area and two how do we handle the money transfer.

To take that one step further for the owner of the franchise for financial reporting we need to be able to see total of all sales combined. Plus we should be able to run reports for each franchise because they will be paying 6% for a franchise fee back to corporate.

Does this make sense at all? If anyone has any input please feel free to chime in.

Magento Community
Magento Community

suthasankar

It is very disappointing to know that Magento doesnt offer this feature :(
and i couldnt find an extension for this either.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magestore_1
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

I’m also interested in this feature.
I’m going to build one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

manuel.bago

Total Posts:  19

Hi to the community

I have doubts about the multi vendor features/modules which Magento currently support.

I will describe as best as possible our e-commerce type, we want to deploy.

- There will be an unique website, customize to a target store (ex: shoes).

- There will be multi vendors. The main platform will offer them he posibility to sell their own products (ex: shoes).

- Each vendor must have their own and independent Payment/Shipping/Stock options…

- Each vendor must sell directly to the customer. It does mean that the main website has no responsability about any sales.

Is there any possiblity to achieve this customization for Magento with the current community version? In this case, will the community modules works as expected?

Any information would be really appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance and Best Regards

Manuel

Magento Community
Magento Community

learntech

Total Posts:  7

Have there any facilities in community edition like x cart pro,that is multi vendor store???

If yes what is the plugins or addons??

Magento Community
Magento Community

okason

Total Posts:  4

I just want to add my little voice that this feature (Multi Vendor Functionality) is a critically needed feature for me. I am hesitant to pay for a pricey extension and a new version of Magento comes out with a native multi vendor functionality.

Magento Community
Magento Community

patng323

I am also looking for a similar functionality.  Basically I need to build a shopping mall website hosting different shops:
1. Potential shop owners can register and setup shops in our mall website.
2. Each shop owner manage their own categories/products.
3. Each shop owner has his own store front.
4. Each shop owner can manage only his own store front.
5. Shop owners are independent of each other.  Basically no sharing of categories/products/sales.
6. Each shop owner manage his own store and cannot see contents from other store.
7. A single shopping cart which can hold products from multiple store.
8. During checkout, the buyers has to do it with each store since each store’s payment is separate.

Is Magento the right platform for it?  If needed, I am willing to setup a team of programmers to modify Magento, but since I am new to it, I want to know how much effort we’re talking about to achieve the above.

Thanks,
- Patrick

Magento Community
Magento Community

innoexts

Total Posts:  124

Check our new Multi-Warehouse extension out. It allows to split your inventory into warehouses, to track sales by warehouses, multiple shipment from warehouses, and much more. Read more here

Magento Community
Magento Community

mukso1

Pick at store

Do you know any extension available to do the followings as Magento either community or porfessional versions cannot do this

Pick up at store delivery method to be applied to some products only in the shopping cart

End user add product A and product B into shopping cart
2 solutions:
1 - Product A is to be shipped and product B is able to pick up at store
2 - Product A and product B are located in 2 different physical stores

do you know any extension which can fulfill the situations mentioned above ?

All my best,

Nicolas

Magento Community
Magento Community

Merchantry

Hello:

Magento is currently in the works on establishing a partnership with Ixtens who offers exactly what all of you are looking for.

Our marketplace product will enable online retailers to create a branded marketplace that will sell products from multiple suppliers in one unified shopping cart.  If you have the same product coming from multiple vendors, you will be able to set up rules to determine who the order will be fulfilled by (based on quantity available, reliability of vendor, location in comparison to where the shipment is going, etc)

The Magento supplier hub will make managing multi-vendor marketplace easy by automating communication and giving you the ability to sell a unified catalog.  You will also be able to provide each supplier with their own \’seller central\’ account and letting them manage their own inventory and orders directly.

We\’ve already worked with Magento in the past on completing this for MyDeco.com Kitchenshop:
http://eu.techcrunch.com/2010/10/05/mydeco-launches-amazon-like-marketplace-powered-by-russias-ixtens/

You can view more information on our marketplace features on our site: http://www.ixtens.com/products/marketplace and reach out to our team if you have any questions!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4