Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
multi vendor/ multi supplier/ multi store marketplace

manoby29

Total Posts:  2

It seems like Magento doesnt have a multi vendor/ multi supplier/ multi store marketplace functionality.
Are there any plans for the same?
What i am looking for is being able to set up Multiple Store/supplier within the web store, each with its own web login
and administration options to set up its own catalog.
Customers can choose to search all catalogs at once or browse through a subset of them by selecting
specific store/supplier or supplier attributes like location/type etc.

x-cart claims to be able to do some of it partly, atleast the ability to set up mutliple vendors with their own administration capability.
Are there any plans for similar features in Magento.

-Balaji

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Unfortunately, this is not something that is planned to be supported at this time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Johan

Total Posts:  104
Sweden

I too would like to see similar functionality as this in the future.

Where you add dropshipping vendors with their own stores. Syncronize stock values etc. Giving dropshippers their own login.

Hopefully someone in the community can make this happen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

1legspider

Total Posts:  8

Structurally at least in the Back-end, with the GWS, Global/Website/Store Structure (see here http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/overview-how-multiple-websites-stores-work), Magento seems to go some of the way to catering for this…

Have not been able to install Magento locally on Windows, so am unable to see whether you can set up multiple admin users with differing access levels e.g by store, by functions yet - from response above that may not be possible yet…

What is lacking currently is the ability to view from the Front-end, all categories across all stores and to navigate either by stores or by categories down to products, thus allowing the customers to shop across differently identified stores (eg separate cms pages, separate shipping and possibly separate payment options), with the system taking care of store emails etc I guess that is for the future and will be looking for someone to build that for me (anyone capable & interested, contact me).

I think this would be a hugely popular addition to this already powerful looking product - and it is the way many carts are heading.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

I just looked under System > Permissions > Roles (this is where you go to setup a new Role, which defines the limitations of users)

I did not see an option limiting the Role from accessing all stores. By default there’s an English store, French store and German store, none of which were on the list. This may come down the road though. Or you can always write a custom extension for this yourself smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

manoby29

Total Posts:  2

I believe Magento can clearly leave all other carts packages in the dust , by adding this powerful functionality.
I would definitely volunteer to provide my retail expertise for the same.

Balaji

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

We have it on our road-map to have full multi-store functionality. As such we will have roles support the different stores and the ability to restrict access to different stores and different modules within a store. Most of the functionality you require is already supported by the GWS model of Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

1legspider

Glad to see this is on the Roadmap, Yoav.

In my opinion the GWS structure is one of the most power features of Magento in that it gives the store owner unlimited creative possibilities in marketing their catalog to different audiences. It is a great way to differentiate your business, after all many of them will be using stock Magento!

I hope we soon see at the very least the user roles by store functionality, as that will mean that we can start to use this structure as soon as possible. In my view that is a key component of using the GWS hierarchy practically.

Regards,
Gerry

Magento Community
Magento Community

mweather

Total Posts:  33

This is something I’ve also been looking into. I’ve got a custom cart under development that does this, but it’s not nearly as nice as Magento, and it cost me an arm and a leg.

In any case, I’m no PHP guru, but If an organized effort develops to get this functionality out the door sooner rather than later, I’ll hep out any way I can.

Just remember that if you’re offering these stores to other people, that counts as distribution under the license and you must give out the source to your clients and have them agree to the license when signing up (if possible). Not a huge deal, but it is something to keep in mind when planning.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tjscgroup

Total Posts:  146
United Kingdom

YoavKutner - 02 September 2007 11:02 PM

We have it on our road-map to have full multi-store functionality. As such we will have roles support the different stores and the ability to restrict access to different stores and different modules within a store. Most of the functionality you require is already supported by the GWS model of Magento.

Sorry to dig up such an old post..but here Yoav says that full multi-store functionality is on the road-map. 

Has it actually now been removed?

Or is it just still a long way off?  If so, any idea how long?

Many thanks in anticipation

Toby

Magento Community
Magento Community

makoto

Total Posts:  1

All magento needs now is the Multi-Store and it’ll beat everything, Virtuemart apparently has it in development but lets hope Magento gets there first!

Cheers :->

Magento Community
Magento Community

AliciaAO

Total Posts:  20

for multi vendor/ dropship support check out http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/22376/

Magento Community
Magento Community

deansmitty

Total Posts:  132

This is something, I too need. I am now using another service which offers this, Magento is great and powerful and ill make the switch back if this becomes reality…

Here is what I need it for…

Operate similar to Buy.com and Amazon to offer more of a marketplace however with me still being the main company / seller but allowing sellers to sell under me.

I like how it is set up for one page with all the sellers for one product.

Being only 18, I dont have a lot of money to help fund, but ill do what ever I can to help. Economy is hurting me right now.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Baljit

Total Posts:  9

Which other service are using that provides this multi-vendor facility?

I will appreciate if you could share.

Baljit

Magento Community
Magento Community

deansmitty

Total Posts:  132

I have used various systems which offer this…

X Cart Pro
Interpsire Shopping Cart
Cube Cart

I am sure there are others out there, I think creloaded has it as well. Magento needs this as this is probably the most advanced program on the web!

Magento Community
Magento Community

James Winsoar

Nottingham England

I’m confused. According to this page Multi Store Management is available, or is this something else?
http://www.magentocommerce.com/media/webinar-archive/getting-the-most-out-of-multi-store-management/view

I want a store that features multiple vendors in a local area who will deliver to the customer.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4