Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Price Sort Broken

es5812

Total Posts:  11

Hey guys just upgraded to 1.1.2 and it seems that Price sorting is not working, it does sort it by some means but not by price or any logical method. I was messing with the Price attribute which i probably shouldn’t have done and might have been the issue but I am wondering if there is an easy fix for this or should I restore my sql backup?

Thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

es5812

Well i’m trying to solve my own problem here I will post some updates in case anyone has insight or is having the same problem. It looks like the prices that are indexed under catalogindex_price in the sql database are the only ones being filtered by price. If I manually create a product it gets written in the database however when I import it does not get indexed. Anyone have any insight on how to fix current products or new uploads without adding the prices to the sql database myself?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mjbrinkman

Total Posts:  1

I am having similar problems. In addition to touching the database directly, you can also manually open each product on the admin screen and re-save them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

es5812

From what it looks like the solution to the problem is to Refresh Layered Navigation Indices. However with 20,000 products on my site the refresh takes so long the connection eventually gets lost. Max_execution time in my .htaccess file is already at 99999. Is there anyway around this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

es5812

Anyone have any more in sight in to how to fix this problem if refresh layered navigation won’t work? What baffles me is that Name sort works perfectly fine with all my products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

benfrain.com

Total Posts:  142

Did you ever fix this problem or find out the cause? I have exactly the same issue…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community