Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I create a Module package

collinssolutions

Total Posts:  79
USA Arkansas

I have created and finished testing a package that allows customers from ebay to checkout there auctions through magento. Only i am not sure how to package it up for distribution. I have 2 cms pages and a custom block extension.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

I suppose as a Community extension for Magento Connect:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect

I also suggest posting it and all the juicy details in a Wiki Post (if you want to make it freely available)

You can upload a community / commercial extension in your My Account area (top right near your shopping cart icon on the Magento page - mouse over username)

As for actually “physically” packaging your extension, I would just zip up all relevant files(keep file structure!!!) to a .zip file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

collinssolutions

Total Posts:  79
USA Arkansas

Well it may sound horrible but i plan on charging for it. Not a lot since you can get your own api keys for free now. Plus i plan on also making an admin integration to post to eBay. I looked at the site you posted earlier but the instructions are only for listing your commercial extension, not how you package one up and distribute it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community