Magento Forum

Problems with Catagories and mainpage

CypherUk

Total Posts:  7
Essex, UK

Hi Folks.

Sorry if these questions seem a little silly.

I’ve just installed the latest version of Magento but i am having a couple of issues with my categories showing up anywhere on my site.

I have created a test cat and set it as active. I have also added a test product and set it as in stock, assigned a qty and weight and uploaded a pic.

but nowhere on my site can i see the categories.

I also have no left column showing?? - and this is a fresh install all bar the cat and product.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in Advance
Mark smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nikefido
Guru

Total Posts:  481
New Haven, CT

default install of magento 1.1.2 does not have a left column on the home page (set to 2 column right). You can change this on the home page by editing the design in the CMS section in the Admin area.

For your categories:  You probably need to click and drag your categories to be “inside of” (under) the Default Category. Do this by going to Admin -> Catalog ->Mange Categories.
You’ll see your categories in a directory-style listing on the left. You can click and drag those - key point is to make your new categories a sub-category or “Default Category”

Magento Community
Magento Community

CypherUk

Total Posts:  7
Essex, UK

nikefido - 08 August 2008 05:24 AM

default install of magento 1.1.2 does not have a left column on the home page (set to 2 column right). You can change this on the home page by editing the design in the CMS section in the Admin area.

For your categories:  You probably need to click and drag your categories to be “inside of” (under) the Default Category. Do this by going to Admin -> Catalog ->Mange Categories.
You’ll see your categories in a directory-style listing on the left. You can click and drag those - key point is to make your new categories a sub-category or “Default Category”

Thank You !!! smile worked a treat.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community